Started by moose, September 06, 2008, 06:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

It is officially a roller!

Now on to the body work!

Tim

Danimal

Hip Hip Hooray!

Great to see it. When are you out working on it again?

Love the 'Bear Claw' latch on the door.

kb426

Congratulations! Beats the crap out of carrying all the parts around.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Looks like a good start.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

moose

Quote from: "Danimal"Hip Hip Hooray!

Great to see it. When are you out working on it again?

Should be there Monday after work. You gonna stop by?

Love the 'Bear Claw' latch on the door.

Holds tight and quick release!!!!

Tim

moose

KB426 wrote

Congratulations! Beats the crap out of carrying all the parts around.

Thanks. Makes it easier to push outside for the dirty work...

Frank Wrote3

Looks like a good start.

Thanks Frank. It feels good to hit the milestone points on a build.

Tim

Charlie Chops 1940

Great profile Tim. I think you nailed the rear tire location. I like!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

compact

top stuff....it looks great :D

moose

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Great profile Tim. I think you nailed the rear tire location. I like!

Charlie

Thanks Charlie! I may be talking to you at KZoo about punching some holes in the deck lid for me!!!

Tim

moose

Quote from: "compact"top stuff....it looks great :D

Thanks

Tim

GPster

Having built a channeled Model A years ago I missed the height of the side profile that the frame adds to the body. And because a Model A frame is only 4" high the profile still needs more. I think it looks great. and the frame under the body lets you run some decent size tires and still keep them centered in the fender recess line. The added profile height makes a "Rake" look meaner and lets you run a little longer frame and have it all come together. That IS the look. GPster

Bib_Overalls

I really like what you are doing.  Looks a lot like an image that is fermenting in my head.  Did you build your own chassis?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Mac

Looking real good.
There's nothing like a 5 window A.  8)
Who\'s yer Data?

Grandadeo

Thinking down the road to my extra '32 frame rails that my son has claimed - He plans on putting a '30 -'31 coupe or roadster on the frame.  So my question is -what did you do to the frame for the body to fit well. Pinch the rails at the cowl?  Any mods at the front of the rear fender recess line to tuck the frame rails in, etc?  Any measurements you can share.  He would also like to run the frame extensions and a '32 gas tank. not sure how that will work.  We are waiting our turn to use a buddy's '32 frame jig but would like to have an idea going into it what changes we will need to make.   Although we do have access to a cowl, he doesn't have a body yet to aid in the fit up, .  Hope he's not holding his breath, I'm NOT supplying that.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Charlie Chops 1940

Tim,

Bring the trunk lid with you if it's ready to put holes in. Hood too? I'll have the Mullins with me and I can get them home.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!