Another Question for the 700 R4

Started by Drock90, August 24, 2008, 07:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drock90

I had a 700 r4 lockup in my 1990 k1500 seirra truck. 4x4. it fried out, useless. so im bidding on a tranny off ebay. it is a 700 R4 my previous question was, do they all come with the lockup converter? or can i install the tranny if it doesn't have one at all? im not sure if they all came with the lockup system? please and thank you for your replies.  :D

enjenjo

Yes, all 700s are lock up. Two answers told you this. A lock up trans has a torque convertor clutch. This is what locks up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Drock90

Quote from: "enjenjo"Yes, all 700s are lock up. Two answers told you this. A lock up trans has a torque convertor clutch. This is what locks up.

Thank you. i was just ignorant of the facts. thank you for informing me.

enjenjo

No offense meant. Be aware that if you are going to change out the trans, you are going to have to know how to make a couple adjustments, or the trans won't last 100 miles, even if it's a new one.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "enjenjo"No offense meant. Be aware that if you are going to change out the trans, you are going to have to know how to make a couple adjustments, or the trans won't last 100 miles, even if it's a new one.

If you take enjenjo's advice look at the first part of this page........

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/techinfo/techinfo.html

.......... if you don't you will probably be bidding on yet another one.

Good luck and ask questions if in doubt,

Sum