I hve started the Coe

Started by 348tripower, August 19, 2008, 06:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Don Colliau

moose

looks like a good start. What chassis did you end up going with?

Tim

348tripower

Quote from: "moose"looks like a good start. What chassis did you end up going with?

Tim

1996 chevy 1500
Don Colliau

rooster

That truck is really going to look cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

GPster

How many of those things did you buy? There seems to be a bunch of extra pieces in the pile behind it. Will it be ready for Kalamazoo? GPster

348tripower

Quote from: "GPster"How many of those things did you buy? There seems to be a bunch of extra pieces in the pile behind it. Will it be ready for Kalamazoo? GPster

I bought a 46 Chevy and it was too far gone to deal with. I have sold most of those parts and made a buck. I just have to get them in a crate to ship to Canada.

Kalamazoo in 2010!
Don Colliau

wayne petty

with all that weight farther forward... i take it that you are thinking about replacing the ball joints with new gm or moog pieces... just for safety...

just a thought... wayne,,,

348tripower

Quote from: "wayne petty"with all that weight farther forward... i take it that you are thinking about replacing the ball joints with new gm or moog pieces... just for safety...

just a thought... wayne,,,

Wayne,
 It will get all new stuff. All the weight won't be forward tho, as I am going to mount the engine and trans behind the cab. About all the room under the cab that is left would house a 10hp briggs! I don't want to raise the cab too much higher. It will have to come up a bit.
Don
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Looks good.

I would still like to see a real 3/4 ton chassis under the truck.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Danimal

Nice work. You going to ballance it out weight wise so you can handle the slalom?

What is the plan? Are you doing a flatbed hauler or putting a P/U bed together for it. A sleeper over the engine for those long hauls and you need a nap? You know, like Kalamazoo!

That is really cool, Don. I'd like to get into one of those. There is a horse collar grill style (Ford I think) on one of the side roads just north of Saline that I drive by every so often. Sits in front of a 1 1/2-2 ton 46/7 Ford with trees growing through the frame.

I could make a heck of a goat hauler out of that!

348tripower

Quote from: "Danimal"Nice work. You going to ballance it out weight wise so you can handle the slalom?

What is the plan? Are you doing a flatbed hauler or putting a P/U bed together for it. A sleeper over the engine for those long hauls and you need a nap? You know, like Kalamazoo!

That is really cool, Don. I'd like to get into one of those. There is a horse collar grill style (Ford I think) on one of the side roads just north of Saline that I drive by every so often. Sits in front of a 1 1/2-2 ton 46/7 Ford with trees growing through the frame.

I could make a heck of a goat hauler out of that!

I am thinking a pickup style box now, could change later. I have heard about the trucks you have seen. I was told that they orginally came from D E Hoey Lumber and Coal here in Dexter.
Don Colliau

Danimal

I'll try to get pictures of them. That COE is cool looking. They are just west of the golf course that is about a mile north of Saline. I don't remember the road name, I just drive home on it!

Cool on the history of them.

2rods

Just curious how high is it from the ground to the top of the roof? Keep the build pics coming. :D

348tripower

Quote from: "2rods"Just curious how high is it from the ground to the top of the roof? Keep the build pics coming. :D

82 inches now, but it will go up a bit more  :D
Don Colliau

tomslik

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "2rods"Just curious how high is it from the ground to the top of the roof? Keep the build pics coming. :D

82 inches now, but it will go up a bit more  :D

how tall is the garage door (if you're building it inside)?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list