Thank God.................

Started by Dave, June 12, 2004, 08:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

It stopped raining long enuff to mow the * lawn again.. Actually its been nice here since about 2 pm michigan time. I did change some stuff on the 32 today and im calling it good enuff cept for a radio and some weather strip to try and cut down the wind noise. I started about 10 am and rechecked and reset the pinion angle on the rearend and Ive been wanting to add a little caster to the front so i did that too. I went for a couple test runs and the conclusion is... Live with the vibration or (Noise)
its a hot rod its hard to tell if its a vibration or a harmonic noise. Get a radio it will also help the noise issue .LOL.... At about 95 mph (ya i broke the law a few times) it goes straight as an arrow and i like the caster so now if it aint broke dont fix it. Go to some shows soon as it quits raining and quit messing with it other than cleaning it.. Im ready for some fun specially louisville. Lets party !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Im looking forward to parking next to a yellow 32 3 window...... Even if the guy that owns it is old...
LOL
Dave
Hey anyone ever think of a real hi tech banner for the RRT.. ???????????
We got any artists out there..............
Makes magazines ya know.........................

Bib_Overalls

Weatherman predicted scattered T storms today.  30 per cent chance of rain.  There was a show today in Batesville, about 60 miles from here.  I decided to chance it.  Nice drive over.  Two lanes all the way.  Lots of twists and turns.  The show was pretty good.  About 60 cars.  Skies started darkening about two.  The awards ceremony was secheduled for three.  But they started earlier.  Just as I got my trophy the wind came up and there was thunder near by.  I ran to the roadster, fired it up, and drove about a block to the bridge over the White River.  There is an access road underneath it as well and I got there first.  I was joined by cars from the show, folks off the highway, and a group of bikers.  WE had an impromptu party that lasted about 15 minutes.  The rain stopped as fast as it started.  I pulled out.  Not a drop on me or the roadster.  But I did kick up some rooster tail on the wet roads.  About 20 miles from Batesville it started to rain again.  I was in the country but as luck would have it I was able to pull up to the pumps at a very convenient convenience store.  The top of my head was damp but my tee shirt was dry.  I went inside, had a burger and fries and waited it out.  20 minutes after stoping I was on my way.  Dry roads all the way home.   The roadster is a mess.  But I came through without getting very wet at all.  Beginers luck.  It won't last.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

enjenjo

Several years ago I had a 31 A roadster at the Nats, no top :lol:  I got caught in the rain, but found if I kept the speed about 50, the air over the windshield kept the rain out of the car. Of course when I slowed down, all bets were off.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"Several years ago I had a 31 A roadster at the Nats, no top :lol:  I got caught in the rain, but found if I kept the speed about 50, the air over the windshield kept the rain out of the car. Of course when I slowed down, all bets were off.

It's hard to believe that a roadster carrying your carcass could actually get to 50!!

That's asking a lot from a motor... :twisted:  8)  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...