hooley and the studebaker

Started by dragrcr50, August 08, 2008, 10:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

SWEET!!!!

now we can call hooley a double A  :)(

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

Congratulations to all involved. Sounds like a good decision to put the car in the trailer. One record a year might be enough to keep the mindset going.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

this is good news!!

I wish I had been able to attend the meet this  year.. I missed it all .  dammit
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Me too :(  Congratulations to all involved!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

btrc

Congrats to Hooley and the whole gang.  We were out there but never caught up with them.  Went looking on Monday afternoon but never found them.  Turns out they were clear down at the end.  Tuesday afternoon we saw the Stude in impund but everyone had already left.  The runs we saw looked really good.
Once again congrats on the record.
Bob

dragrcr50

Ditto here, Hooley called me today and told me all about it, said was going to go eat a big steak and hit the road in the morning, congrats my man..........we are all very proud to have you for a fast friend... sam
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks everyone! Hooley and John are on the road home. Keenan and Sean left yesterday to stop at Bo Huffs on the way to Blanding/Cortez. Sum, Beck and I are still hanging out. I went back to camp at lunch time to roast a couple brauts and the wind started up. I suspect runs might be over for today although sometimes the wind goes away as quickly as it starts.

Not sure yey whether the fellow from San Jose is gonna make it tomorrow with my transmission or not. He's supposed to call me tonight to confirm.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

Nice work Hooley  :!:  :!:   Congrats  :b-d:

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Beck

The 974 guys have made my year. They took me under their wings and showed me how it is all done! I will never forget this experience. I had never met Hooley, John, Sum, Mark, or Keenan. I had bumped into Charlie a few times. What a great group of guys!
Charlie took a day of his time to take me sight seeing. If you ever get the chance take a trip to Southern Utah go!  What beauty!
Sum's lakester is coming along nicely. It looks as good in person as it does in his photos.
All I can say about the salt flats is UNBELIEVABLE.
With the 974 car and this crew I got to see it all. Hooley's great driving and John's leadership in the pits and at the starting line is a winning combination. When you add Sumners knowledge this team is unbeatable. Tech - trouble in the first run - qualifying for the record - impound - record run - and tech again. The fastest B/BGALT in the country! What else could I dream for?
I can't thank these guys enough. There great!

purplepickup

Wow, great job guys!  I've been at the cabin all week and have been wondering how things went this week.  Big Congratulations and thanks for the reports. 8)
George

bucketmouth

I am absolutely * that I missed seeing the guys and not having a chat.  
I saw them early Monday morning as they pulled into the pits after their first run and the long looks on their faces wasn't good. Hooley was saying that might be the end for them but Sum was saying give it a test before deciding.  
Unfortunately for me it wasn't the best time to be hanging around.  
Went back the next day looking for them and it looked like they had gone home. If you're ever been there it's easy to miss cars and people and so we did.  
I was sitting around having beers with some other local guys back at the hotel when I mentioned it and they told me they saw the car in impound and got the record and gone home.  
While it was unlucky for me I'm wrapped that the guys did so well there and got the record so congratulations to them.  
And as I was saying if you've ever been there ............I'm already thinking about going back again next year I love that place there's something about it.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Beck

Quote from: "Beck"The fastest B/BGALT in the country!

I goofed again, make that the fastest B/BGCC in the country!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Beck"
Quote from: "Beck"The fastest B/BGALT in the country!

I goofed again, make that the fastest B/BGCC in the country!

I knew the last record he set was B/BGCC, but didn't argue because he might have changed classes
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Hooley,

Congratulations on the GREAT job!  Thanks for letting me, and the others on this board, be part of your team, even if it is vicariously.  I know my name got fast salt on it a couple of weeks ago.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

1FATGMC

Quote from: "sirstude".......... I know my name got fast salt on it a couple of weeks ago..........Doug

It sure did Doug and thanks so much for helping and we missed you there,

Sum