Paint ? bout House of Kolor

Started by MrMopar64, June 12, 2004, 12:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMopar64

Was in the paint store yesterday and they were telling me that I should sand the primer with 800 grit before putting the color down....... :shock:  now granted I haven't paint for years but 800 seems way to fine to me...... :? I was thinking more like 400  can someone let me know if they are right
I'm using House of Kolor bc26 sg112 and sg114 with a uc35 top coat

Thanks
MM64 8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

58 Yeoman

Dam, I used to use 320, but it's been a long time since I've painted.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "MrMopar64"Was in the paint store yesterday and they were telling me that I should sand the primer with 800 grit before putting the color down....... :shock:  now granted I haven't paint for years but 800 seems way to fine to me...... :? I was thinking more like 400  can someone let me know if they are right

Thanks
MM64 8)

Rob said to wet sand with 400 then wet sand with 800. You will get less scratches in the base coat and lets the color defination come thru more.
sounds like lots a work!!!!  :wink:

Dave

Quote from: "MrMopar64"Was in the paint store yesterday and they were telling me that I should sand the primer with 800 grit before putting the color down....... :shock:  now granted I haven't paint for years but 800 seems way to fine to me...... :? I was thinking more like 400  can someone let me know if they are right

Thanks
MM64 8)
The painter that did my 32 used 1000 for the final scuff prior to the base coat. Im from the old school too . Laquer over 240 worked good then sanded with 400 and wheeled out ??
Dave

Mac

At HOK prices I think I would dot EVERY "I" and cross EVERY "T" in their application specs. :wink:

Mac
Who\'s yer Data?

MrMopar64

Quote from: "Mac"At HOK prices I think I would dot EVERY "I" and cross EVERY "T" in their application specs. :wink:

Mac

Yeah I guess I'll get ahold of them Mon. and see if I can get a tech sheet from them......... at 800 just seems like there wouldn't be any bite
I'm like N8DC 360 and paint it then color sand and buff :? guess it's just been to long  :wink:
MM64 8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com

58 Yeoman

Quoteguess it's just been to long  
MM64

I'm feelin' like Charlie Brown when the school bus left without him. Been too long here, too.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

That JD blitz black is looking real good to me at this point
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "MrMopar64"

Thanks
MM64 8)

PINK and PURPLE?????  :shock:   :shock:   :shock:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Rayvyn

Thanks
MM64 8)

My Plymouth has HOK Candy Brandywine 3 step on it. Wet sanded with 400 and then 800 after primer.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

MrMopar64

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "MrMopar64"

Thanks
MM64 8)

PINK and PURPLE?????  :shock:   :shock:   :shock:

Yep u got it!!!!!!!  :lol:  just like the avatar (I think thats what that little pic is called)  :?  PINK "N" PURPLE are KOOL!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
It was going to be yellow and purple till everyone started saying ......
"Oh Lakers colors"........ Thats when I said yellows OUT!!! I could care less bout B-Ball........ If it aint a sport with wheels I'm not interested  :lol:
MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

MikeC

Thanks
MM64 8)

This is a great article on fillers and sanding.
www.roadsters.com/fillers/
MikeC

MrMopar64

Quote from: "MikeC"

This is a great article on fillers and sanding.
www.roadsters.com/fillers/
MikeC

Mike that link don't work for me....... :?  do you have another one
Thanks
MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com

34ford

MM64

Try this. go to http://www.roadsters.com/  and click on the car to get into the site and on the left side of the screen there are the articles listed. In the featured articles the bottom one called Using Body Fillers is what your looking for.

Don't know why the link won't work.

bob