What is the BEST looking Car of all time ?

Started by Learpilot, August 01, 2008, 11:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

What is the best looking car. From the world.
Thanks, Rick

37fordcoupe

IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TO MUCH SPACE

Grandadeo

Very good question.  I see a lot of cars I'd like to own.  Some because of a past memory, had one, friend had one etc.  Then there's the one I almost had, and that would be a 1953 Buick Skylark.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/1950-1959/1953-Buick-Skylark-matador-red.htm

I think its about the best looking american car ever made that could be had by an average Joe.  I'm sure they were a bit more than the rest of the '53 Buick line but the same could be said for a 1955 Nomad,  probably my second favorite.  Did have two of those.

Then there's the one that made my jaw drop when I walked into the Grand Salon at the Nethercut Museum in SoCal.  Nothing the average Joe could afford, and I guess that's the reason I never gave the big '30s huge dollar cars a second look till I saw this one. A  1933 Duesenberg SJ Arlington Torpedo, former Pebble Beach Best of Show Winner, etc.  Absolutely beautiful.  Couple of pix.  The silver four door with the silver padded top  
http://www.classics.com/nthct.html
http://www.classics.com/concours.html
However, I took my '32 Roadster rock chip special out for a ride today and It aint half bad either,  unless a barn find '36 roadster came along .....

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Harry

XKE Jag
'56 Lincoln Mk ll
Certainly not '32 Ford or '40 Ford
Lots of custom coach work during the '30's
There's too many to pick just one.

Uncle Bob

I've most often put the Cord 810/812 in this category.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

phat46

Wow, there's a loaded question. I don't think most folks could pick ONE best looking car. Maybe best loking in different catagories. Some of the top end cars from the thirties are true works of art, both domestic and foreign. Some designs from the late 40's into the early 50's are nice too, like the Cadillac and Buick Sedanettes. Then there's those late 50's to early 60's too. The 61-66 T birds are timeless, the still look contemporary today. One of my favorites is the '65 Chevy Impala, that design flows so well from any angle. Then there's specialy cars, how about the Ford G.T.? or the Holden Effigy?  If I had one to just park in my living room to look at as art it would have to be the Harley Earl designed '38 Buick Y Job, that one is perfect!

UGLY OLDS

I agree on the "Y Job" ....Everything on that car just "works together"..... 8)

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

For me most of the cars failed in '58 when they took the '57 body style and added quad headlights. Chrysler products at least tried in advance to be prepared by having '57 noses look like they needed more headlights. The '58 Chevys were good because all of its' design fits together rather than add-ons. For simplicity of design and the lack of too many headlights I'd say my favorite is the '57 Corvette. GPster

phat46

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I agree on the "Y Job" ....Everything on that car just "works together"..... 8)

Bob....... :wink:

I had a pleasent surprise ealier this year while at the G.M. design Center. The Y Job was in for some minor reapir work and I was able to chat with one of the mechanics working on it. Next thing you know we were opening the doors and the hood and getting quite hands on with it. I should have asked to sit in it but I didn't want to push my luck. The whole time we were checking out the Y Job were were bumping into the '50 Buick Lesabre!!! A really great experience!!!

Jbird

Although they seem to leak electricity and oil, most British cars are nicely styled. My favorite is the AC Bristol as modified by Carroll Shelby. It's really kind of sad when a picture of J-lo's near perfect bum reminds me of the rear view of a Cobra.
I think there are as many WTFs as there are gorgeous cars.  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

zzford

Gotta be the AMC Pacer, no wait, the Pontiac Aztek. If these choices seem odd to you, consider, I like fiberglass underwear.

jaybee

Wow, there are so many!  Auburn boat tailed speedster, E-type Jags, '57 T Bird, '67 SS Chevelle hardtop are a few I really like.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Carnut

Geeze, isn't this kinda like asking who's wife is prettiest?

Anyhow, my tastes are quite pedestrian and I'm one of those who thinks
my own cars are the best looking or I wouldn't have them.

But I have said on many occasions that I actually prefer the looks of a
48 Ford Tudor sedan better than my 40 and for overall 'modern' car, I
really do think the 55 Chevy 2dr Sedan is about the cutest design around.

Then again I got hooked on 31 Ford Model A's very early on in life and would actually prefer a well restored 31 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan over
just about everything.

Now when it comes to the ladies, I like Blondes, Brunettes and Redheads with certain performance features.

2rods