What is the BEST looking Car of all time ?

Started by Learpilot, August 01, 2008, 11:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwipaul

Should put that in a price category . A mate has got a new Morgan nice car but should be for the price.
A Ford man that like all cars

mcdonald

The 32 3window coupe and  the Cobra. :P  :P  :P  :P .Lindsay

Carps

It hasn't been done yet.

But this one goes mighty close!

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Husker

08 Vette rag top!  Hey for a daily driver!

Normspeed

So many choices.  For me it would be the Rolls Royce round door Aerodynamic coupe .  Gotta love the fin!

Not sure if the links will work..

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/nhcarter1/rounddoorrolls.gif

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/nhcarter1/rounddoorrolls3.gif

rumrumm

I agree with the Jag XKE. I would also add the 1958 Ferrari Testa Rosa and the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. Beautiful lines on these cars are way ahead of their time.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Land Yacht

1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

HotRodPaint

An impossible question to answer!

My first thought is the '53-'55 Studebaker.....No!  The E-type Jaguar!  Wait!  The '57 Thunderbird!......or '57 Chevy Bel Air!......or......

...This is too hard!  :-)~

Topsterguy

Hmmmmmmmm, I always thought it was the '32 Ford !!?? :wink:   BUT, I might have to go with Land Yacht on the '67 Corvette coupe.
...................Hmmmmm..........uh, well, no.......'32 Ford! :D
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Wild Bill

The most beautiful production car ever?  Probably the Series 1 & 2 Jaguar XK-E,s.  Absolutely flawless design.  Body was drop dead gorgeous and looked perfect as either a coupe or roadster.  On permanent display at the mMuseum of Modern Art in NY.  Interior was done in real leather and had a dashboard that looked like it could have serviced a full-on race car because that was really what the original XK's were.

As far as a full sized sedan, again Sir William Lyon's philosophy ("It costs no more to make them pretty" takes center stage.  The Series 1, 2, & 3 XJ-6 and XJ-12 are often cited as the most beautiful sedans ever mass produced.  Plagued by quality control, engineering, and electrical problems, they none-the-less managed to hold out against the best the world had to offer for over 20 years based on drop-dead gorgeous looks, fabulous interior design and execution, and impeccable ride and handling.

A well maintained XJ still has the ability to seduce the driver, passengers, and onlookers today.

Am I biased?  Perhaps.  I own both an XK-E and an XJ-6 and I also have a '64 Corvette roadster.  The Vette is an original L-76 365 HP 327 with a 4-sp and 3.76 posi rear and I love it.  However, in truth, next to the Jag it is like comparing Maxwell Smart to James Bond.

The Vette is fun and just a blast to play with.  The Jag is sophisticated (for it's day), smooth, and capable of astonishing speed and handeling in a suave, smooth, beautiful package.

Okay, I've had my say.  Probably not the most popular opinion, but it's mine.

nzsimon

I have always had a soft spot for the sunbeam tiger
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Wild Bill

Quote from: "nzsimon"I have always had a soft spot for the sunbeam tiger

Yup, the Sunbeam Tiger.  Predecessor to the Cobra.

Couple of interesting Tiger facts.  Sunbeam was bought by Chrysler and of course, the Tiger had a ford engine.  Chrysler stopped production of the Tiger because it woulds not sell a car with a Ford V8 in it and Chrysler's LA engine line would not fit in the Sunbeam.  So, Carrol Shelby went looking for another home for the new Ford small block and came to an agreement with Bristol AC to use their little roadster and the rest is Cobra history.

Also, all the tigers came from the factory with a single 2 bbl carb.  The 4 bbl was a dealer (or owner) installed option.  Why?  Cause the installation started with a large hammer to beat a big recess into the firewall to fit the bigger carb.  If you ever get to see an original 4 bbl Sunbeam Tiger, check out the custom firewall clearance that was created with a 5 lb sledge hammer.

reborn55

Being a tri-five man it has got to be a 57 Chevy ragtop

58 Yeoman

I always thought the '55 was better looking than both the 56 and 57.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

DRD57

It's this one. No contest. Delahaye type 165 chassis 60744