Power Windows

Started by Learpilot, June 26, 2008, 05:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

Which way have you gone ? Aftermarket and which one or Bone yard and which donor car ?
My 36 is a flat window.
Thanks for your info !!!

crdnblu

I am surprised that no one has answered your request for info; Dolphin makes a very good kit, which includes switches & wiring @ around $150.00.  I bought mine off of EBay, approx 2 years ago, for my '37 Ford 2-Dr sedan.  It went in quite easily, w/ only a few mods.  ANY universal kit requires some fitting, but nothing out of the realm of what a street rodder can do.  
I just couldn't see spending the money for Specialty, the recommended "best" in the industry.  Here's one site for you:  (Check the web for others.....)

http://www.docskustom.com/power_windows.html

enjenjo

If they make a kit for it NuRelics is hard to beat.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carnut

heh, heh, with as much trouble as I've had with the power windows in my modern rides thru the years, I wonder why anyone would want to replace
a good working hand crank system.

Learpilot

The reason I want to replace the hand crank is I am worried that if my windows break I can't find a replacement. The other reason is to redo the interior. I like roddoors door panels and most of the better looking ones you need power windows.
I spent a week in Wichita the week of June 16 th to 20th. Had a great time. I went to two of your most famous places The Big Dog Factory and The Yard.
I did see one other cool thing 2 Green 737 fuselages on a train.
We were having our Lear 45 1200 hour inspection.
Thanks for all the good info !

Carnut

Quote from: "Learpilot"The reason I want to replace the hand crank is I am worried that if my windows break I can't find a replacement. The other reason is to redo the interior. I like roddoors door panels and most of the better looking ones you need power windows.
I spent a week in Wichita the week of June 16 th to 20th. Had a great time. I went to two of your most famous places The Big Dog Factory and The Yard.

Aw gee, shoulda hollered, coulda given you the grand tour.

Now the Yard is a place worth seeing. Wonder how many rods and homebuilt aircraft have depended on that place.

Heh, I also have 5yrs of Learjet on my resume, was one of the most employee centered Aircraft factories I ever worked at.

I live just down the road a bit from where those fuselages are shipped out on the railcars.

Yes, I'm sure the new doorpanels and power windows will really make your ride a lot nicer.

papastoyss

I've used several of the "low cost" pwr window kits in the last couple of cars I've built & have decided SPW kits are worth the extra $ if you consider ease of install and reliabilty.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Learpilot

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "Learpilot"The reason I want to replace the hand crank is I am worried that if my windows break I can't find a replacement. The other reason is to redo the interior. I like roddoors door panels and most of the better looking ones you need power windows.  

Aw gee, shoulda hollered, coulda given you the grand tour.

Now the Yard is a place worth seeing. Wonder how many rods and homebuilt aircraft have depended on that place.

Heh, I also have 5yrs of Learjet on my resume, was one of the most employee centered Aircraft factories I ever worked at.

I live just down the road a bit from where those fuselages are shipped out on the railcars.

Yes, I'm sure the new doorpanels and power windows will really make your ride a lot nicer.
The next time I am come to Wichita I will email you and I would love to meet you. I met a guy from Newton and He has a 41 Plymouth. I helped him put in A/C. He is the guy that we toured the Big Dog Factory.  I can send his email privately if you want it.
I love your pictures.
P.S. I took 450 pictures at the Goodguys Show at the Atlanta Motor Speedway this year with my new Canon S5. It ain't an SLR but close.
Rick