Stolen Willys and rig after the Hot Rod Reunion

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, June 16, 2008, 11:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thought I'd pass this along....

Two very good friends of mine had their entire rig stolen after the NHRR-please see what's pasted below. Photo of the car attached as well.

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
To: EASTCOASTGASSERS@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [EASTCOASTGASSERS] ALERT - Willys stolen after NHRA Reunion
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:15:53 +0000

I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO POST THIS ON AS MANY SITES AS POSSIBLE:

Paul and Pam Ballash had their 40 Willys coupe stolen from Springhill Suites on the west side on Knoxville TN last night after the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green KY. The whole rig was taken.

Truck - 250 Super Can Ford pickup (burgundy) with Virginia tags.

The trailer length is about 26 ft., white, with Virginia Tags on it and also has a golf cart in it. The Willys has an antique Virginia plate that says "Low ET".

The Willys is a really bright yellow (with an emblem on the side that says "Low ET" . It is an awesome car. It is steel and has a glass hood and front fenders.

Please get the word out to as many people as you can. Many thanks. I think it is time to start using transponders and whatever else we can to keep these cars safe from these animals.

Barb Hamilton Advey
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

That really sucks.   :evil:  

Here's the pic.
George

wayne petty

their have been a bunch of them taken out here in california also... then end up running across the border into mexico....   they are after the truck and trailer...  one got on the news... it was full of wedding dresses...  there was a poor quality paper pasted over the name on the side of the trailer at the border crossing...  they got that one back... but more are history...

racing is really popular south of the border... so they need nice rigs and trailers...

out here in so cal... they also steal U haul trucks... usually ones with cars on trailers..  that way they know it is full with goodies from out of state...

trucks with what ever that blue button from gm is... can be tracked...  gm has not turned off cars that have been stolen... i think they have the ability to.. but liabilitys prevent them...

there are for tandem trailers wheel locks that lock between the tires to stop them from rolling.. this also stops theft.. when they are used with a padlock....

i was even at the world finals or winternationals on year when someone stole the mr gasket trailer... it was full of parts...

decades ago.. someone broke into a race engine shop... took everything that was not bolted down...  and about 6 racers transporters... most of that stuff got returned..   but they were lucky...

i know that this won't  help...
but fore thought prevents losses ...  lives and otherwise..

57larry

HotRodLadyCrusr

As posted on the HAMB....

Ok folks a little good news:

Two possible sightings (posted on the HAMB) have been passed on to law enforcement. One was of the rig, one of the car-separate sightings and locations

Paul just called me and said he got a call from Knoxville P.D. They have recovered the truck. It was found...running...right in Knoxville on Rt. 40 East near Midway road. Lock appeared to have been popped out. No trailer or Willys, but it's something.

Please pass this on to any other groups you were updating. Also Paul wanted me to relay to everyone his gratitude for all the help and extra sets of eyes out there.

BFS57

Hello;
This all sounds framiliar. A while back a rig similar to this was stolen with a custom from Rad Rides by Troy inside. At the same time that car was featured in Rod And Custom Magazine. Don't know that outcome if any at all but the car (I believe a 36 ) was awesome!

Bruce

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'm pretty good pals with Moose who works for Troy and the last time I asked neither the truck, trailer or car were recovered.

pvcerod

Sorry to hear about things like this.......even though we are on the opposite side of the World......we will still keep look out for the Willy's.......you just never know, as stranger things have happened, so I have posted your thread up on Ozrodders. :wink:

http://www.ozrodders.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=260284#260284
Happy Cruzin
Steve

slocrow

Quote from: "wayne petty"there are for tandem trailers wheel locks that lock between the tires to stop them from rolling.. this also stops theft.. when they are used with a padlock......

Wayne; Are you saying to connect the two wheels on one side or place a rod or cable between two wheels on opposite side of the vehicle? I've often thought or a "Club" type device or a padlocked cable going between and connecting wheels on opposite sides. Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...