Tools from H F

Started by teal32, June 04, 2008, 04:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teal32

I am looking to get a 1/2" elec impact wrench from HF. Was wondering if anybody had any problems with their "Chicago" brand. It's something that won't get allot of use, so figured HF would be the place to go. About the only thing that I plan on using it to do is to take the wheels off the '40 once in a while.

Oh, what about their torque wrenches?
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

MrMopar64

I've got that impact....
And it won't take the lugs off unless you loosen them by hand first  :wink:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

unklian

Quote from: "MrMopar64"I've got that impact....

MM64  8)

Fauxl Impact Wrench substitute ?

BFS57

Hello;
We purchased a battery powered impact from them for work. We use it to bolt together truss for lighting.
So far, So good.

Bruce

zzford

Quote from: "MrMopar64"I've got that impact....

MM64  8)
I don't see this as being a problem. Just leave the lugnuts loose.

wayne petty

i have used electric impacts for years... i have one that is from black and decker... an exact copy of those ... except that mine has a ring nose... verses a pin...
there are a lot of look a likes of that model....  dewalt... black and decker , craftsman,      

i use a breaker bar from autozone... the one with the swivel end that fits outside the handle... unlike a craftsman...

as for torque wrenches... i have not tryed theirs... i have always used craftsman...  microtorque versions...   that have the normal vernier handle... that the numbers wear off of...    and i store it all the way unloaded...

leaving tension on it.. will throw it out of calibrations...  any brand....

i did get my mom one of the hf models...  she loves it...  uses it to put in lag screws and stuff...

UGLY OLDS

I agree with Wayne on the torque wrench...And the way he stores it is absolutely CORRECT...My Craftsman Micro-Torque ( aka. "clicker" ) torque wrench is about 37 years old & is stored the same way..Last time it was checked it was within 2% of being accurate across the full range.....I would not reccommend HF for something as critical as a torque wrench...There's too much at stake.....

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****