Cars in for repair

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, May 30, 2008, 10:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I imagine most of the folks here have enough sense (Common) to not do this:

A customer brings in his car on a flat bed.  Our transmission(recent rebuild)  will not shift.  He is quite arrogant , talking to us like we are children ( a nice way to describe it)

When he is told we will not drive the car or ride in it as a paasenger he gets more unhappy with us.

View the interior below..

there is more to this story too.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

paul2748

I can't understand why you wont test drive.  Seems the cement blocks are better than milk crates!!!!! :)

wayne petty

concrete blocks ... for that "seat of the pants" driving feel...

maybe you should build up a pile of blocks to look like a car seat....

be sure that it is noted that his shop jack stands were left in the car..

enjenjo

I can almost guess, everything is jury rigged, and the trans is not hooked up right, but since it runs, it should shift.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

he must have a powerful motor in that thing because he *+* A BRICK[/url] the last time he drove it :P  :P

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chimp koose

Multi-purpose seats. They probably double as the park brake.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I can almost guess, everything is jury rigged, and the trans is not hooked up right, but since it runs, it should shift.

Frank, you ol rascal.... ding - ding , you win.

:lol:

Picture this:

The car is off loaded from the ramp truck, the car's  back end facing one of our  roll up doors.  Our shop GMC S-15 is sitting just inside the open door....

This fellow is showing the trans manager guy how to start the car (6 cyl - powerglide) since he still thinks we are going to drive the car...... you hook up a 12 volt  jumper wire from the battery  to coil, use screw driver to kick the starter solenoid over.

As the 6cyl  engine fires up , "carb choke on, fast idle on" ... we learn the car is in reverse and as  it backs up about 10 feet and hits the shop truck's bumper.

The car owner is yelling :" why the he** is the car in reverse!?" ... like it is something we did.

I walked away.

:shock:
Tony

Leon

Tony, you can't say your job is boring :lol:

58 Yeoman

How crass....I wouldn't drive it either.....the colors DON'T MATCH. :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

model a vette

Like the redneck comic says: "You can't fix stupid!"
Ed

Crosley.In.AZ

boring job?  some days more than others.  :lol:

You folks should have seen the car owner grab the radiator core support and try to stop the car from moving backwards... this was a Keystone Cops moment ( IF you guys have seen the old movies)
Tony

UGLY OLDS

C'mon Croz....Where's your sense of adventure :?:
At least the drivers brick is padded.. :roll:
 And he even supplied the tools to fix it .. :?
 Or is that the ignition key  :?:  :shock:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

57larry

Roadstar

I'm sitting here laughing my * off, and I thought the Corvette customers I deal with were the biggest morons.

39deluxe

After he went through all that trouble to install a passenger side block and then you wouldn't ride in it. No wonder he was mad. :lol:

Tom