She can take the car but she can't take my Memories!!!

Started by KustomLincolnLady, May 28, 2008, 12:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

Well, finally got some word today on the Mustang. It appears my attorney is sending me a letter telling me that the STEPB had a bid higher than mine to purchase my dads mustang that has been in the family for  44 yrs.  :cry:

I made up my mind when I placed my bid that I would not go any higher. It's our belief that since she doesn't want me to have it for some reason, that she has a ringer!! so guess he will just own the car. Still not sure how she can sell it, after I found out that it is not titled correctly, it is a coupe and its titled as a conv!! I would think she best be disclosing that to someone!!

so I have resolved to the fact that it will be going down the road  :cry: , not an easy decision by any means. I have no idea what the car looks like since she took it back from me last October, we think it sat outside all winter too.

I think that being the only Heir I shouldn't even have to BUY it. Please Please everyone, again a reminder to get your wills done!!!

I can't believe how long she has drug this whole thing out. I just want her out of my life at this point.

oh yes, and she also sold the coin collection that was to go to my dads only great grandson  :cry:

Thanks for listening  :wink:

kb426

TEAM SMART

GPster

It sounds to me that as long as you had the Mustang, you would have had her too. I don't think they had a Step Mother-in-LAW seat so she'd always be in the front seat telling you. Sometimes DONE is go weither it's right or wrong. When you're riding that motorcycle think about riding that motorcycle. Peace, GPster

Dave

Well Deb .. you  knew it was coming.. Yup it sucks and yes you have the memories.. My dads girl friend made off with 50k and i didnt even challenge it cause i had no proof or leg to stand on.. I hope the B*&CH dies with the money or her useless kids spend it all for her.. Yup i got the memories.. I was thinking the other day when sue and i got home from vacation and she called her mother and was telling her what a great time we had.. I have no one to call.. But dad woukld have loved to hear the stories.. My boys spent part of the vacation with us so they knew what fun we were having.. I hope she is spending more than she has for your dads car.. Serves her right. My condolences but chin up girl it all works out..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

Quote from: "jusjunk"Well Deb .. you  knew it was coming.. Yup it sucks and yes you have the memories.. My dads girl friend made off with 50k and i didnt even challenge it cause i had no proof or leg to stand on.. I hope the B*&CH dies with the money or her useless kids spend it all for her.. Yup i got the memories.. I was thinking the other day when sue and i got home from vacation and she called her mother and was telling her what a great time we had.. I have no one to call.. But dad woukld have loved to hear the stories.. My boys spent part of the vacation with us so they knew what fun we were having.. I hope she is spending more than she has for your dads car.. Serves her right. My condolences but chin up girl it all works out..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

You could have called me you old terd....

Lincolnlady, that does suck, But you still got the memories, sometimes they are better than having physical items....
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

sirstude

Sure sorry to hear the final outcome Debb.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

KustomLincolnLady

Thanks everyone!!!

well I got the letter today when I got home. with the written offer attached. they said If i meet the offer they will sell it to me.
gee the name on the offer looks familar!!! start digging around in dads stuff and this is the guy that dad had doing all the work on HER house, in his ck register he wrote ck after ck to this guy. He is also the guy who came and picked up the safe with all the coins and took it back to her place, dumped a 1000.00 safe outside in the corn crib (to be ruined) it was raining and he didn't want to move it in the barn!!

He still does stuff for the SB and my guess is she told him what my bid was, just as I figured. funny this guy told marty (my son) when he picked up the safe he warned dad to stay away from her , she was nothing more than a golddigger  :cry:

gee maybe I should call him and tell him about the title issues he will be haveing LOL

38mag

Hi Deb,
It'll be tough, but I say put it behind you and move on.
Best wishes,
Jim

unklian

Remember your Dad,and the good times together.

The rest are "just" things.

Danimal

My plan is to put everything into my kids' names BEFORE that happens. At least a joint ownership with survivor's rights.

Got to hate it for you. Spite is an amazing thing. I can't believe how full of it some people are. I hope she gets exactly what is coming to her. That will add just one more memory!

Jbird

That really sucks Deb. Trust in Karma, the Step Bichy and her patsy boy will get theirs. keep smiling.  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

chimp koose

I'm with jbird on this one.People like this eventually get whats coming to them.Keep your chin up ,enjoy the memories you have and realize that people that are money grubbers like the SB probably never truly enjoy anything,or are ever truly happy.

Deuce

Quote from: "chimp koose"People like this eventually get whats coming to them.Keep your chin up ,enjoy the memories you have and realize that people that are money grubbers like the SB probably never truly enjoy anything,or are ever truly happy.

They can never steal enough ... or take enough or HAVE enough $$$ to be happy. They are sick inside and no amount of money can ever make her happy.

I had the same type thing happen with my Father ... his girl friend used him, stole cash money ( 35 grand ) from him and lots of other stuff.
She now has breast cancer ( both of them ) and is not going good at all. Karma is tough.

I thought I would enjoy " hard times " or something bad happening to her  :cry:  but I do not. I refuse to lower myself to her level ...

Take the high road .. and hold your head high.
She cannot take away all the good times in the past.
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

moose

As already has been stated Sorry it turned out that way. Keep your head up and remember the good times !

Tim