New Carb

Started by Mikej, June 05, 2004, 08:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

I replaced my Edelbrock with a new Holley Street Avenger today. 8)  770 cfm. Not to hard as it had a Holley before I bought. Runs pretty good right out of the box. Had to adjust the idle screws and set the speed. I also changed the secondary spring. .... And I removed the electric choke. Who needs a choke. Had a blast running the P out of it. Wife thought I was going to blow the motor. Now I have to settle down and see what the mileage is............. :lol:

moparrodder

Quote from: "Mikej"I replaced my Edelbrock with a new Holley Street Avenger today. 8)  770 cfm. Not to hard as it had a Holley before I bought. Runs pretty good right out of the box. Had to adjust the idle screws and set the speed. I also changed the secondary spring. .... And I removed the electric choke. Who needs a choke. Had a blast running the P out of it. Wife thought I was going to blow the motor. Now I have to settle down and see what the mileage is............. :lol:
Mike, ya don't happen to have a 600 Holley laying around I could put on Chad's T bucket for next weekend. I want to get it running so I can drive something to Onawa for the show, we had the one that's on it rebuilt but can't get it to idel for some reason, it runs when ya have it about 1/4 throttle but the gas is droping into the carb in big droplets not spraying like I think it should, as you can tell I aint no carb man :(   For once I would like to drive something to a show other than the Mountaineer :roll:   Still collecting parts for the 40 but I'm gaining, maybe someday before they plant me I'll get it going :roll:    Bill

Mikej

Bill, I don't have a 600cfm but you can use the 750 Edelbrock if you would like. Should work if you keep your foot out of it. I would help put it on if you would like. Let me know.
We will be going to Onawa on Sunday. Parents 50th anniversary is on Sat so we cann't be there then.

btrc

First you convince me that I can adjust my Edelbock so that it will run smooth down the highway and then you switch to a Holley.  I'm still living with the surge at highway speeds.  I went off the chart in the owners manual and bought two steps worth of richer metering rods.  But when I went to put them in I found that it already had the richest of the two I just bought.  Now I bought two more steps worth but I'm going to have to change the jets too so I haven't gotten around to it yet.  The surge isn't the end of the world but it's kind of annoying.  I've got about 1100 miles on the '37 now.
Bob

Mikej

Bob, You can adjust the edelbrock.  Mine worked fine. Don't forget you can change springs on the rods too. I'm just changing carbs for fun.

Mikej

My recent purchase of 770cfm carb turns out to be a 670cfm. Man am I *. I was going to order parts for it and looked at the numbers on the airhorn................... I talked to the people I bought it from and they said they would take it back.  But he also said he would call me back and I had to call him.  I can't drive the car right now because it is to lean and over heating and doesn't like to start  back up to well. We are talking with outside temps of 80 degrees. Will let you know how this works out. Hopefully this is the only rant.

Mikej

Well he was to call me today, Monday, maybe he meant next Monday...... :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Mikej"Well he was to call me today, Monday, maybe he meant next Monday...... :lol:

========= He probably has family members that are electricians and HVAC guys in AZ..... they never return phone calls neither
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Mikej"Well he was to call me today, Monday, maybe he meant next Monday...... :lol:

========= He probably has family members that are electricians and HVAC guys in AZ..... they never return phone calls neither

My dad is surprised when businessmen don't return calls.

I, on-the-other-hand, am surprised when they DO!

It ain't right, but for some reason it has become the norm.

It IS a different world nowadays!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Mikej

The manager called yesterday and had my new carb. I picked it up today. It is the 4150hp 750 cfm. Its installed and running. It is the carb style that they had an article in Hot Rod Magizine. Going the read up on the adjustments and order jets and srings. Temps were back down but needs some fine tuning.
 The store manager/ owner was very nice. I will continue to do bussiness with them. Total Performance Parts in Omaha.