I'm Baaacckk

Started by phat rat, May 05, 2008, 01:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Well 11 days and 4000 mi. Been a great trip, I met a lot of new people and found quite a bit of stuff. The enclosed pic shows the trailer full and the truck bed is packed also, including the frt half of a 25 T touring. I think 3 of the cabs also have stuff in them. Just a few of the goodies are a complete early 50's Olds stick set-up, 36 rear bones, 40 Merc frt end minus the hood and a right frt door for the same, 15-18 complete 94's, DeSoto grille, Guide lights, etc.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Great you bought all the vintage tin out west and your gonna ask extremely hi prices for the stuff... You old retired ....never mind
Dave

kb426

With the exception of being snowed in, looks to be a good trip. How many 32 Ford pickup doors did you find?
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Quote from: "kb426"With the exception of being snowed in, looks to be a good trip. How many 32 Ford pickup doors did you find?

Only the ones on the 34 in the pics and no the doors oinly aren't for sale. It's funny down the road afrer I had it on the trailer I had a guy wanting me to sell him the cab only.

Dave, jealousy will get you no place.  :lol:  To you the price would only be 1000% mark up so not extremly high even for you.

Go ahead and say RETIRED OLD FA$%.   It's great, Sat. I took a while at one guys place to get some parts. I went and helped him retrieve a couple of field cars one of which was a 40 Merc which he then helped me get the frt fenders and right frt door off. Then to cap it off he took me to an obscure little junkyard 20 mi away just because. Made some great contacts while I was out there.

slocrow

Jack; Sounds like a great trip. Looking forward to hearing "Tails From Out West". As a side, how does a guy from MI get snowed in anywhere? You probably got lost .....:)
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat rat

I have some tales to tell. When you see me ask about the guy who wanted a finders fee. Which I payed. The snowed in part was blowing drifting snow so bad you couldn't see the road and finally the roads around that town were closed, the east/west road was closed for over 100 mi. Also from that same storm I-80 and I-90 were closed. North of Rapid City one place reported 4 ft of snow that one day. As far as getting lost. How do you get lost when there is no planned route? However on the way through Davenport Ia. on the way home I did miss a turn which cost me 100 mi. LOL

Fuzzy

Jack,you retired guys sure have it rough :roll: .

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

phat rat

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Jack,you retired guys sure have it rough :roll: .

Fuzz

Boy you got that right. :wink:  It's rough but someone has to do it. :lol: