Knoxville raceway knoxville nationals who was it that goes

Started by Dave, April 29, 2008, 12:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Every year ? Im planning on trying to get tickets thursday when they go on sale for individual days and looking at the friday and saturday shows..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Dave

oh ya this for knoxville Iowa.. the sprint car races..
Dave

jaybee

I don't go to the Nats but you will NOT be disappointed.  For a dirt track it's a fantastic facility and the racing is outstanding.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"oh ya this for knoxville Iowa.. the sprint car races..
Dave

Ya know.....them races can be VERY exciting........with your bad ticker 'n all.......maybe you should take a Paramedic with you......just in case :idea:

I'm just thinkin' about your well-being :wink:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "jusjunk"oh ya this for knoxville Iowa.. the sprint car races..
Dave

Ya know.....them races can be VERY exciting........with your bad ticker 'n all.......maybe you should take a Paramedic with you......just in case :idea:

I'm just thinkin' about your well-being :wink:  :wink:

Vance

Lil buddy im orderin tickets thursday and i believe ive got a room also..

Of course you would have to fly into demoine (spelling) and get a room for like thursday evening and id have to leave thursday to pick you up at the airport and get you to the room and and .. we really could work it out.
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

Dave

Quote from: "jaybee"I don't go to the Nats but you will NOT be disappointed.  For a dirt track it's a fantastic facility and the racing is outstanding.

Ya i was there last year on wednesday and got a room and everything and we got rained out. I was on a schedule so i left thursday in the am for speedway motors and places farther west.. I did get to the track and the museum though and i cant wait to go back.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Fast.Fords

It's a great race....  I also enjoy the Outlaw Late Model show there, much the same fromat as the Sprints and just as many cars....  Probably do both this year...  Well worth the trip!!!!

UGLY OLDS

Say hi to everything there for me ...I can't go... :cry:  :cry:   Sniff.....Sniff..... :cry:

Bob..
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Say hi to everything there for me ...I can't go... :cry:  :cry:   Sniff.....Sniff..... :cry:

Bob..

ya ill tell em hey,,,, whats his name says hi...
Dave :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

unklian

We were there once,long time ago.Before the museum,
and grand stand on the back straight.Diamond P was filming,
Doug Wolfgang was driving for Wiekert.I'm thinking it was around '88.

The Wednesday,Thursday,and Friday shows got rained out,
so they ran 3 complete shows on Saturday.It was a LONG day.

Good show,but you can't see too much from the infield. :wink:

48ford

Hi Dave,
I go every year.
We go out on wednsday morning and go to the races that night,then all weekend and come home sunday.
It was not a sell out any of the days last year and tickets could be had at the track(or outside from the scalpers) You go inside the gate to the brick building on your left under the stands and get the tickets  there.
Then go to dingos  for a beer ,or out to Udders for a steak
go to the sprint car hall of fame.it's on the corner.
We stay in Pella Iowa,had the same rooms for a long time.
Did you get your tickets yet?
If not I can check with the guys and see if we have any extras,we buy 10 seats every year,and the groupe changes every year do to health age ect.
We sit under the boxs by the start/finish line.
I hope you don't get rain this year.
Russ

Dave

Quote from: "48ford"Hi Dave,
I go every year.
We go out on wednsday morning and go to the races that night,then all weekend and come home sunday.
It was not a sell out any of the days last year and tickets could be had at the track(or outside from the scalpers) You go inside the gate to the brick building on your left under the stands and get the tickets  there.
Then go to dingos  for a beer ,or out to Udders for a steak
go to the sprint car hall of fame.it's on the corner.
We stay in Pella Iowa,had the same rooms for a long time.
Did you get your tickets yet?
If not I can check with the guys and see if we have any extras,we buy 10 seats every year,and the groupe changes every year do to health age ect.
We sit under the boxs by the start/finish line.
I hope you don't get rain this year.
Russ

Planned on calling the track tomorrow Russ. I think i can get a room in Newton also..  we are gonna do just friday and saturday.
Dave

Beck

How about a winter dirt race? Indoor midget racing in OK. Check out the Chili Bowl. It's nearly a week of racing from qualifying heats through the features. Big name guys. This year a big time dirt racer won. Last year it was Tony Stuart.
Sorry - I didn't mean to hack your thread..

Dave

Quote from: "Beck"How about a winter dirt race? Indoor midget racing in OK. Check out the Chili Bowl. It's nearly a week of racing from qualifying heats through the features. Big name guys. This year a big time dirt racer won. Last year it was Tony Stuart.
Sorry - I didn't mean to hack your thread..

chili bowl is on my list   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
dave :wink:  :arrow:

Dave

Russ were in.. Were prolly sitting too high were gonna be on turn 1 and about 3 rows from the top under the suites but were happy and I also have a room in Newton so everything is good. Ill check back with you around the 1st of august and maybe we can meet up this time.
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:
ps: Im ready now.......