what does a nissan V8 look like?

Started by river1, June 03, 2004, 05:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

while i was perusing thru one of my magazines i came across an ad for nissan trucks. it showed a nissan truck running down the road with an blown V8 in the back. hmmm that looks kinda kool i think to myself.  then i notice the V8 in the back looks an awful lot like a CHEVY.

so does a nissan V8 look like the chevy or did they use a CHEVY in their ad?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

DRD57

I dunno what they look like but they sound pretty healthy. I've been next to a few of the new Titan trucks in traffic and they sound good.

Crosley.In.AZ

river1 , I've seen that ad , i wondered about it tooo.

DRD...... interesting you mention  the exhaust sound.

I am interested in the new Titan , so i read some  of the Titan bbs for information on likes / dislikes of the new truck

the daily driver non-automotive types have posted things like ; "Gee the exhaust is a bit loud. The dealer says they are ALL like that "

I'm entertained by posts  like that.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

av8

Quote from: "Crosley"river1 , I've seen that ad , i wondered about it tooo.

DRD...... interesting you mention  the exhaust sound . . .

Don, Tony -- If you want sound, you can't beat Ford's MAX-LIGHTNING, seen here in its prototype form leaving Tardel's Prune Orchard race shop.

Think about it . . .  two supercharged Ford V8s representing the oldest and the newest, one in front and one in back. Does it get any better than this?!

DRD57

That reminds me of when I brought a Cadillac engine back from Las Vegas in the back of my Dodge truck. It rode so good, in fact it rode like a Cadillac. All this time I thought the suspension was the key to the luxo barges riding so good when in fact it is the engine  :lol:

nzsimon

They are the size of a wardrobe

The toyota V8 however is awesome
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

av8

Quote from: "DRD57"That reminds me of when I brought a Cadillac engine back from Las Vegas in the back of my Dodge truck. It rode so good, in fact it rode like a Cadillac. All this time I thought the suspension was the key to the luxo barges riding so good when in fact it is the engine  :lol:

It's just amazing how skewing the sprung/unsprung ratio in the right direction improves ride quality and handling. :)

Kent Fuller's favorite trick for providing light little hot rods with luxo-barge ride characteristics is to build them with a "thick" floor. When he built "Junkyard Larry" Reddy's Deuce highboy roadster years ago he gave it a 1/4-inch steel floor -- firewall to tail. The car does indeed have Cadillac-like ride characteristics, with surprisingly good handling performance, thanks to the location of the "ballast."

Fuller helped Keith Tardel with both the design and the construction of the Tardel-McKenzie modified roadster, and again, there's that thick floor, 1/4-inch steel that runs from the front crossmember to the rear body rail, welded to the bottom of the rectangular-tube fram rails so it also forms the bellypan as well as all the triangulation the chassis needs. In effect, it's a steel tub, although a shallow one. With the roll structure added, it's about as stiff a chassis as one could build. Larry MacKenzie has made several excursions about 170 mph with the car and says it's smooth and solid, not even a hint of twitchiness, and it maintains direction with no more input than you'd give your civilian car on the road, at legal speeds.

Sean

Quote from: "av8"years ago he gave it a 1/4-inch steel floor -- firewall to tail. The car does indeed have Cadillac-like ride characteristics, with surprisingly good handling performance, thanks to the location of the "ballast."

Not to mention being highly resistant to landmines.... :wink:

Anonymous

As far as the Yota V8 goes, it looks just like a sb Chevy.  But I'll bet anything that it runs better for less money than any new Chevy V8.  The imports are going to own the universe soon if the American muscle doesn't start producing better results.  All I know is that I'm American hot rod through and through and that's what counts, right?