Cali at it again

Started by enjenjo, April 04, 2008, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Seems like the US Constitution is being stomped on...

It is like calling me a bank robber because I have my pistol strapped on my waist...... btw , Arizona is an open carry state.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Well ... its in california so it doesnt really matter to me.. Also obviously they had illegal stuff on some of the vehicles and improper paper work etc etc.. In a sense they knew they were breaking the law but its sure a chicken S&*T way to ticket them..  Breaking the law is breaking the law but im not sure about the searching without warrants on parked vehicles.. Although i see the state boys searching vehicles every nice summer day when sue and I head home from work.. The sad part is what we have seen is its usually outta state
vehicles with tinted windows.. They lay and wait for them and they even have unmarked mini vans and pickups that usually follow em till they get a cruiser there to make a stop with them.. Interesting seeing all the lights lit up on a minivan or a ford f-250... Just aint right . Oh ya the other thing is why a big night time gathering to bs?? Im really figuring it was gonna lead to more than that but who is going to admit to street racing..
Dave

phat rat

No different that a bunch of us sitting and BSing. Hey Dave why do you need that Chev motor instead of the 4 banger the car had when new (if it was steel LOL)? You planning on racing it? No other reason to have all that power. Any one of us here would be treated that way if they decided to do that to hot rods.  Some in the crowd probably were there for that reason. But as in any crowd you have those that are there for the showing just as at a car show.  BIMHO the cops operated in a real chicken poo way.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

wayne petty

i like the story of how colorado is going to impose a 5 buck toll on interstate 70 through the tunnel area....  this is to bring in income from skiers passing through.... hope they dont put a tax on ski lift tickets...

Crosley.In.AZ

I was stopped and window tint on my 1971 chevy truck checked several yrs back...... a new tool paid for by the federal gov I was told.

My window failed ; too dark.  i was not written, the officer said they were still in a test mode.

It seems interesting to me the cars in Calliefornia  were not operating - moving - driving.  Written tickets for smog equipment  violations.  The street race comments are an additional rub to me.

It was mentioned in news here that Snottsdale AZ speed cameras had snapped 200,000 tickets and a 2 million dollar 'profit' for Snottsdale .... government is not there to make profit
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"No different that a bunch of us sitting and BSing. Hey Dave why do you need that Chev motor instead of the 4 banger the car had when new (if it was steel LOL)?  BIMHO the cops operated in a real chicken poo way.

Sure now give me the idea ..  Id prolly went with the old iron duke instead of the ford 4 cyl though .. More power for street racing  :wink: Even though it has a V8 as Carroll Shelby once said it wont pull a string out of a dead cats *. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Oh ya whats Steel  :?:  :?: This is the future ...
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

purplepickup

I think it sucks.  

I wonder if California has ever considered how much revenue is generated from the sales, marketing, and installation of those "enhancements" the kids have put on their cars.  That's jobs for people who pay taxes on all the money they spend.  I'd guess that's a more American method of generating revenue than the Gestapo methods they used to fine people who weren't even operating their parked cars.

I'm sure the raids are prompted by a rise in street racing but to violate citizen's rights as a method to deal with a problem isn't what our democracy is supposed to be about.  The cops basically locked people, who weren't participating in any illegal activity, in the private parking lot and began searching their cars without consent or reasonable cause.

It doesn't seem much different than them blocking the gates at an NSRA event and ticketing people for things they felt were unnecessary enhancements on our cars.

Again....it sucks :)(  :)(  :twisted:
George

tomslik

wonder where all the "civil rights activist" are right now?
sounds like "profiling".....

wish i was a really good california lawyer that's about to retire right now.. :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

48ford

Are street rods next?
Not just in California
That could block the exits to the weakly cruis in,and start writing paper for what they see as preformance modifications.
Remember last year when they were poping street rodders in Ohio that stoped for somthing to eat after a cruise in?It was justified as the guys has antique plates,so no stopping after a show.
I think they need the money!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate to be the guy that hits a mini van full of Nuns,I can see it now
Are you an engineer?
Did you change the brakes?
Steering,motor,suspention.
It would get ugly real fast.

Later Russ

Mikej

Maybe they were having trouble with street racers. We don't know all of the facts from that article. They probably had all the different agencys there to get a cut of the fines.

phat46

Seems like it should be an easy case for a semi competent lawyer to win. They need to take things like this to court and make the police PROVE that something ILLEGAL was going on. Around here there is too many police officers that drive "modified" vehicles to try something like that. I showed a local police leutenant how to get his Must II steering working right on  his '40 ford and my neighbor who was a local officer  used to scare me in his "modified" "Cuda. Wouldn't fly here, maybe no place outside of Cali.

enjenjo

The point is, if they can do it in Cal, they can do it any where.

Just suppost the owner of the lot didn't have a problem, until the police called him, and told him he had a problem. Would he argue with the police, or give them permission to  run them out of the lot for "trespassing". Once they have charged you with trespassing, which is illegal, they have the right to search your car.

This is where it gets iffy. If they observe you driving onto public streets, when they know the car isn;t legal, I can see where you can be ticketed. but on private property, there is no law broken by just possessing an illegal car, or they would be busting cars at repair shops.

There has to be more to this than we have heard.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"Seems like it should be an easy case for a semi competent lawyer to win. They need to take things like this to court and make the police PROVE that something ILLEGAL was going on. Around here there is too many police officers that drive "modified" vehicles to try something like that. I showed a local police leutenant how to get his Must II steering working right on  his '40 ford and my neighbor who was a local officer  used to scare me in his "modified" "Cuda. Wouldn't fly here, maybe no place outside of Cali.

Well it is the land of fruits and nuts  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: On the hamb they are saying they crushed some cars cause they had stolen parts on em but they really didnt prove they were stolen.. Now we all know how stories get mashed outta shape but ill tell ya even if my car was illegal if they crushed it id prolly be the new chief of police after the law suits.. Personal property is just that and till a court found me guilty of using it for drug trafficking we would have a serious problem..  I dont see screwing with the emissions system reason for crushing a car .. Ticketing maybe but only after a show up ticket to the emissions check point.. If its not stamped in plain view  illegal in the land of fruits and nuts then they have to prove it doesnt pass emissions testing unless they have a picture book of every BAD part made to hop up a car.. And if they cant prove its stolen (ive been here guys but id rather forget the past ) they aint got a leg to stand on.. Sooner or later they are gonna F*&K with a rich kid and daddys gonna own all their S&*T..
Dave
Oh ya im still glad its in Californication  and not here.. I wasnt gonna get excited bout this but now id help pay for the legal help (as long as i get payed back by the chief himself) LOL

reborn55

I thought California was still in the U.S.--somehow people need to take a stand against some of the b.s. that happens.  Really sucks. But I guess that is government for you.