For you that want music in the shop

Started by kb426, March 31, 2008, 07:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I bought a Creative Labs Xmod wireless transmitter and receiver combo. It has been on sale direct from them for $100. I just hooked it all up. I'm now able to hear everything that's available on my computer. The range is listed as 100'. I have about 30' and 1 wall to the garage. I bought another pair of computer speakers with a subwoofer to use with it. I have no good radio stations around here any more so it was time to do something. It may blow up tomorrow but today I'm happy. I'm listening to Pandora. :lol:  :lol:
TEAM SMART

39deluxe

Sounds like a good setup. I play can XM on the computer since I have a subscription for the car. I'd really like to have a deal like this for the TV. Then I can play the one in my office and watch it in the garage without getting another Dish receiver.

purplepickup

George

WZ JUNK

I need to do something.  My 8 track tapes are not the high quality that they once were.  Besides a person can only listen to the sound track from Saturday Night Fever, so many times. :roll:

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Dave

Ive got digital cable in the garage and a ton of music channels but for some reason I never listen to em  :?:  :?:  :?:
Dave :arrow:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"I'm happy. I'm listening to Pandora. :lol:  :lol:

Rock on Bill :!:  :!:  8)  :-o

I'm a Pandora fan myself. );b(

I have a cheap AM/FM cassette CD player in my shop, but it does the trick.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

Vance

Im betting you have the Sheep in Heat cd's volume 1 thru 77 dont ya..
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

Vance

Im betting you have the Sheep in Heat cd's volume 1 thru 77 dont ya..
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

Nope, just 1 thru 69 :shock:  :oops:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Oh ya.. searching Utube for music is fun too..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Rocket

Good stuff.

I love my music in the shop............I seem to get so much more done  :shock:

I've already got a wireless system in my home, so I can cart my lap top anywhere..........including into the shed.
I just plug it into the BIG stereo and crank up the suds  :D  :D
As I'm in the country, we have stuff all radio stations here and the ones we do, aren't much chop, so I just stream a good FM one from the city.

When that's no good, I just turn on the 5 disc CD player ................until the neighbours have had enough (the latest is a tennis ball against the shed wall  :lol:   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

my Britney Spear CDs keep falling off the table onto the floor and the case lid flips WIDE open

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"my Britney Spear CDs keep falling off the table onto the floor and the case lid flips WIDE open

:lol:
Pictures? :shock:

...on second thought....never mind :roll:
George

sirstude

I've got cable with digital music connected to my stereo in the garage.  Nice old Yamaha component system,  DVD and CD player also hooked up.  Now matter what I want to listen to, I pretty much can.  Just don't have the pc in the garage.  

Ya gotta have tunes.  I wouldn't know how to work in silence.  If for no other reason than so I don't have to listen to myself cussing.  :lol:

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

i have the system from the house when surround sound moved in... the old system sounds way better to me for music.

I am surprised it still works... bought the system around 1982. Although I never turn it off, it may not start back up
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Cword

I've been using a 5 disc CD and an old amp in the garage for a few years.  Last month I connected the shop computer to the amp and next month I plan to have all my CD's ripped onto an ipod. I'll connect that ipod to the other AUX channel on the amp and CD's will no longer clutter my shop.
Plus I'll be able to let the music continue while I swap parts through the shop computer.  (Being an electronic tech means my shop computer is a tool)
--