Lokar trans fill

Started by WZ JUNK, March 30, 2008, 11:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Lokar and other trans dip stick/fill tubes are always a pain.  Especially when the dip stick is down low behind the head.  While at Walmart this morning I spotted this $4 funnel and I thought it might work to use for filling the trans. The tip was 1 mm to big so I cut off the cap, put it in the drill press chuck and filed it down for a snug fit it the trans tube.  I think it will work fine.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I have the same funnel, I got it free when I cut the bottom out of a diff lube bottle. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Lokar dipstick is a PITA to use , fill a trans with.

Seems like the guys up front at my work place  have a new brand item we were checking out.  I forget the brand name of it.  larger tube, better dip stick than that POS plastic  item Lokar produces.  probably twice the price as Lokar though.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"Lokar dipstick is a PITA to use , fill a trans with.

Seems like the guys up front at my work place  have a new brand item we were checking out.  I forget the brand name of it.  larger tube, better dip stick than that POS plastic  item Lokar produces.  probably twice the price as Lokar though.

I agree.  The next step is to try and find a better method to read the level on the dip stick.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

slocrow

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"The next step is to try and find a better method to read the level on the dip stick. John
Notch it or Scotch Brite it!
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

wayne petty

just something i have  been thinking for a while..

since i don't have a lathe.. i cannot do it my self....

my thoughts are to use #10 or 12 bulk head connector and mill the long end down a  machine some grooves for the orings to seal to the dip stick hole in the case... this way a larger hose could be used for the dipstick and fill hose..

the upper could be a cap or a plug with a legnth of 1/4" or 5/16" sewer snake cable on it with a tab of metal at the bottom for the depth measurement on it...

maybe  the lower tab could be a thin wall steel tube krimped into place...and a pair of lines make with a tubing cutter ...

again   just a thought...

i had been thinking of this since i had a customer with a honda accord with  a/c & p/s where you could not reach the tranny dipstick top....