SCTA-BNI membership package arrived today!

Started by av8, June 01, 2004, 06:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

av8

It's always fun to receive the "tube" -- R&R Book and Speed Week badge, patch, decal, and gorgeous (and 'spensive!) poster . . . almost like Christmas.

I see a couple of classes that look pretty inviting, one with an existing recrord and a couple of bike classes with open records . . . .hmmmm

unklian

Do you have your pit bike ready ?

I was sorry to hear Kent Fuller won't be able to make it this year.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "unklian"I was sorry to hear Kent Fuller won't be able to make it this year.

I must have missed that announcement. What happened?

av8

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "unklian"I was sorry to hear Kent Fuller won't be able to make it this year.

I'll be lucky to get my truck ready in time, so the pit bike project is shelved until Winter.

Fuller still has a lot to do before he's ready to race. I haven't been able to help as much as I should and would like, plus some folks for whom he's done countless design and fabrication favors in recent years -- at no charge -- show no interest in paying back even a little of their "debt," despite pledges of help early on.  (Please pardon the rant.)

I promise to do better, and more, to help Fuller's 'Liner make it to B'ville next year, and maybe even to El Mirage before Speed Week '05.  I promise, too, to be more realistic in my own project projections. I think I'm beginning to get a handle on the problem many of us pre-elders share so far as want-to-do and can-do are concerned, and that is that the body willingly enters retirement while the mind continues on in a teen-years mode.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "av8"the body willingly enters retirement while the mind continues on in a teen-years mode.

I'll second that  :cry: .

c ya in about 74 days,

Sum

Cword

Quote from: "av8"It's always fun to receive the "tube" -- R&R Book and Speed Week badge, patch, decal, and gorgeous (and 'spensive!) poster . . . almost like Christmas.

I raced home yesterday...and the mailbox was empty.

Maybe today?

I hope.

Mike
--

av8

Quote from: "Cword"
Quote from: "av8"It's always fun to receive the "tube" -- R&R Book and Speed Week badge, patch, decal, and gorgeous (and 'spensive!) poster . . . almost like Christmas.

I raced home yesterday...and the mailbox was empty.

Maybe today?

I hope.

Mike

I feel your pain . . .

Cword

Yahoo!

Got mine intact Wednesday 23 June!

I was worried it'd arrive like dad's did the week before, missing end caps on the tube, all he got was a poster.

Mike
--

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "av8"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"

I'll be lucky to get my truck ready in time, so the pit bike project is shelved until Winter.

Fuller still has a lot to do before he's ready to race. I haven't been able to help as much as I should and would like, plus some folks for whom he's done countless design and fabrication favors in recent years -- at no charge -- show no interest in paying back even a little of their "debt," despite pledges of help early on.  (Please pardon the rant.)

I promise to do better, and more, to help Fuller's 'Liner make it to B'ville next year, and maybe even to El Mirage before Speed Week '05.  I promise, too, to be more realistic in my own project projections. I think I'm beginning to get a handle on the problem many of us pre-elders share so far as want-to-do and can-do are concerned, and that is that the body willingly enters retirement while the mind continues on in a teen-years mode.

Each day I go to the shop eager to get a lot done and each evening I wonder what I did all day.  I am a week behind from just this weeks work.  I have spent all morning try to make the hood fit better and building a stiffner for the trunk skin.  I am going back to the shop now to glass in the stiffner.

It is time to start getting realistic on the race car.  A lot of things like fit and finish may have to wait until next year.  Our main goal is to get the driver license this year.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Cword

You're gonna have soooo much fun gettin that license.  The stude looks great, I just read sumners post, I'm really looking forward to sharing staging lan time with you guys.

We're just getting into "serious" mode too, the engine is out and has a dyno date for 10 July.  Unfortunately the guys booked the date without letting me know, and I'm double booked,  so now I've gotta train someone else to do the data acquisition,  I was hoping to use the dyno as a learning experience.  

We'll be uglifying the truck with a scoop this year, thats the only major change, but right now we've got the whole thing apart and on it's way back together. Checking all the details and freshening all the fasteners that got eaten by the salt.

mike
--

WZ JUNK

It does not look like I will have time to redo my rocket car but my brother has a new version ready.   He would let me run it for him.  Maybe you guys are ready for another intenational match race.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Bob K

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"It does not look like I will have time to redo my rocket car but my brother has a new version ready.   He would let me run it for him.  Maybe you guys are ready for another intenational match race.

Don't know about the match race but I think that we should have a Fishing contest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B :P B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

Quote from: "Faat Rod"Don't know about the match race but I think that we should have a Fishing contest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B :P B

No fair....you know where all the good spots are. :?

George

GPster

QuoteI forget the criteria for the pit bike. Give me an idea of the subject and tell me how many pages back it is. Fat Cat keeps building bikes (but now he has a full-time job) Maybe something can come out with the barbeque? Maybe for those of us that are "stability (balance)challenged" most of a 3-wheeler could appear by the same transit. Let's re-new that subject. I'd thought about a rocket car but I figure there'd be some problem getting one on a plane as "carry-on" luggage. Of course if the RRT downhill racetrack is supposed to go to Bonneville there won't be any room for bicycles, partcularly Shelby's version of an "Orange County Chopper" GPster