Arrrrgh AOL and Retirement

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, June 01, 2004, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Had a little post all typed up and before I could submit it AOL disconnected me. I've about had it with that outfit.

Anyway, the post was to tell you all how much I enjoyed my first official day of retirement. So far it's the best damned job I've ever had!

Let the smart * remarks begin!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

You suck!! Good luck, and enjoy!!! 43 more working days.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

wow......... you type like a much younger guy  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Congratulations! I hear retirement is a great job...but...the pay sucks :wink:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

jon g

Hey Charlie,
I sure have enjoyed being retired and able to take up old toy making.....
(AV8 Roadster).
The only downside is no weekends, days off, holidays or vacation time to look forward too!! HA
Good luck and enjoy!!
Jon G

MikeC

My Mother-In-Law used to say that retirement was, "Twice as much husband, 1/2 as much money."
Enjoy it.

Ohio Blue Tip

Congratulations on your first day of retirement, the sun was shining all day!  We missed you at work, no one to buy me coffee.  Sooo, I guess I'll have to look for a young, good looken secretary to have morning coffee with.  If I can pull that off, we won't miss you at all.  Just keep making coffee on Sunday mornings and cold beer on Friday nights and I may still stop around.  LOL  :b-d:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

WZ JUNK

Congratulations.  My dad told me recently that it is possible he will live long enough to draw retirement as many years as the number of years he worked.  I hope you do the same.

Now go to the garage and build something.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Bob K

Anyway, the post was to tell you all how much I enjoyed my first official day of retirement. So far it's the best damned job I've ever had!

Retired!!!!!!!!!!!!  From What ????????????

How could you tell??????????????????

Seriously though, congrats. Now what's your excuse for not making it to BTT50"S ?????????????

See ya at Indy.

B :P B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"ARRRRRGH.... AOL disconnected me. I've about had it with that outfit.

Charlie

Well, congratulations!  Now you're officially a grumpy old retired curmudgeon.  I'm still practicing......got it all down except the retired part.

Enjoy, Charlie.....you've earned it. :b-d:
George

rooster

tom36

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Had a little post all typed up and before I could submit it AOL disconnected me. I've about had it with that outfit.

Charlie

I finally retired last July--haven't gotten tired of it yet. I'm the nicest SOB I ever worked for!  So many cars, so little time.  Congratulations and enjoy yourself.  Tom..

phat46

So why aren't you out in the shop making something like you wished you could have been all those days at work... :roll:
Cangrats, only about a thousand more years and i can retire...

48ford

Thats great!
I gave it up a few years ago,now i have LESS time than ever!
But you get used to it.(don't tell the kids)

Fuzzy

:b-d: Congrats on your retirement! I remember you mentioned it the last time we talked,but I forgot it was this soon.Unlimited time in the garage sure sounds great.I'll catch ya' on a friday night soon.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!