Ridler winner

Started by phat46, March 09, 2008, 08:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Just read on the HAMB the the red '60 Nash with the Ferrarri drivetrain won the Riddler. That car was of course, outstanding, the engineering had to be mindbogling. while I was looking it over on Friday the owner or builder was there explaining thing to some folks.  Personally my pick would have been the '55 Chrysler wagon, but that's just me... :lol:

Harry

RIDLER!!
The yellow wagon is from out here in British Columbia.
The same guy built a beautiful '51 Kaiser that took many awards in California, a year or two ago.
As others have said of the RIDLER winner,"At least it's nicer than than the AMBR"

river1

is this it?

before being finished of course

some build up pics HERE

and some finished pics HERE

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

slocrow

Here's some shots of Ferrambo.......................
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Jbird

I wonder how many RPM Enzos' spinning in his grave. That car is plain cool. Finally a Ridler winner I can relate to...even if it is an SUV.  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Dave

I like it but i like a lot of different things thats why I hang out with you guys  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
Its tastefully done.. I like wagons too though
Dave

kb426

That's one way to improve a Rambler. I'd like to go for a spin. Does it work as good as it should?
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "kb426"That's one way to improve a Rambler. I'd like to go for a spin. Does it work as good as it should?

I had the TRP at registration just as they were trying to demonstrate that it ran...and it wouldn't start. There was a flurry of activity that resulted in fresh plugs and maybe a few other remedies. I heard it bark to life as Ken and I were pushing the TRP into its place.

It was a good thing I wasn't asked to start it as the keys were on the dresser at home...duh.

That car was my pick as soon as I had a chance to look it over. Just plain old excellent workmanship and an over-the-top design without any extraneous "hooks". By that, I mean the things so many show cars have to hook your attention. I thought it was an exercise in restraint from that point of view. Dang fine car.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Flipper

Quote from: "river1"is this it?

before being finished of course

some build up pics HERE

and some finished pics HERE

later jim

Wow.  I think I like it better light colored with shiney wheels.