OMG, I made it

Started by purplepickup, March 07, 2008, 09:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

You can jump the relay to make the pump run, just remember, it at about 40 psi.

I would punch the tank. Just make sure you have plenty of containers ready.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

I don't want to punch the tank cuz I'm driving it to the junk yard using the parking brake (it's only a mile away).  They told me that they'd only give me $250 if they pick it up ($325 if I take it).   Yeah, I'm cheap :roll:    

I found I can suck the gas through the fuel pump line...it just takes a long time.   So far I've got 5 gallons out....12 to go.  I might try the return line Denny. :idea:
George

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"I don't want to punch the tank cuz I'm driving it to the junk yard using the parking brake (it's only a mile away).  They told me that they'd only give me $250 if they pick it up ($325 if I take it).   Yeah, I'm cheap :roll:     I found I can suck the gas through the fuel pump line...it just takes a long time.   So far I've got 5 gallons out....12 to go.  I might try the return line Denny. :idea:
12 gallons x $4.00  is almost another $50.00. Of course if it runs out of gas on the way to the junkyard you can kiss that goodbye if you have to have it towed. I'd think that the return line might go into the vapor space in the tank above the fuel level. Some vehicles I thought had an access hole in the truck to change fuel pumps with-out having to drop the tank. I'd bet that most any dealer could tell you how to get the gas out of a full tank because I'd think that probably half of their fuel pump changes are cars with full gas tanks. GPster