Hiding Wiring??

Started by seadog, March 03, 2008, 03:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadog

I'm ready to wire my Deuce 5 window project.   Where do you guys that have built a Deuce before run the wiring through the firewall to the front of the car?   I'm using a Ron Francis kit and the panel is mounted on the inside of the firewall in front of the driver.   I'd like to keep it as neat as possible and as hidden as possible.  Engine is a zz4 crate motor.  Pictures would be really appreciated.  This is my first build and I hate to keep asking these basic questions, but this board has been great for answers.  Before long I'll be posting video of the fireup...YeeHaaaa!

oiler

On my roadster I went down through the kick panels on both frt corners of the car
I then ran the light harnesses through a grommet into the frame rails and up to the lights and the electric fan on the LH rail and the lights  on the rh rail.
I also split off the harness below the LH kick panel and ran a loom up the back of the trans using the bellhousing bolts to hold the harness with loom clips for the engine harness
I'm pretty anal when it comes to wiring and it has to be neat
the engine harness came up the LR and split to the dist,coil and o/p sender and then went forward along the valve cover rail to the alt. and cooling senders (2)
Sorry i don't have pics but I sold it last year to finance the new one
Jeff

Dave

Well ill give ya my opinion.. Dont matter.. every car ive done has had the headlight and turn signal wiring tie wrapped to the brake lines going to the front and the right front of the car..

I like things neat but easily accessible in case of a problem.. I go to great lengths to put plugs in the dash harness so i can easily remove it in case of a problem..
In your case its whatever pleases you  :D
Dave :wink:  :arrow: