Boyd Coddington Passed Away this morning

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, February 27, 2008, 11:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

My condolences to his family, friends and fans.  RIP
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

I saw that he was not doing well recently.  I'm sorry to hear that he has passed.  Many people have dwelled on the drama and controversy in his life but no one can take away all of his accomplishments...and there have been many.  He is, and will remain a legend in rodding.  RIP.
George

348tripower

Don Colliau

rumrumm

That is too bad. My condolences to his family and friends. Despite all the naysayers, he was a mover and shaker in this business, and he did it his way. RIP.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that. Like him or not, he  had a big effect on the hobby.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

oiler

like him or not he did a lot for rodding
Always sucks when someone goes too soon
Jeff

chimp koose

When you look at the list of famous car & bike builders out there today, it is amazing just how many of them worked for Boyd Coddington at one time or another. I think his efforts at promoting the hobby have had a lot to do with hotrodding being as popular as it is today. R.I.P. Mr. Coddington ,my condolences to family and friends.

EMSjunkie

I had not heard this, it came as a suprise to me.
my condolences to the family.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat46

That's kinda weird; I was thinking about Boyd Coddington and his wife this morning at work. I don't know why.  He did have an effect on hot rodding, and was very good at what he did.

Cword

My version of weird was getting up this morning and putting on a Hawaiian shirt.  
Darn strange
--

jimcaf

* shame!! To young and had  much left to give to the streetrod hobby..when you think back he,s one of the few that built up to being a house hold name with out the help of TLC or Discovery,and not without persitance,Iv heard he went BK like three times and still came back,,
Condolenses

WZ JUNK

Gods speed Boyd.

Our paths have crossed several times over the last few years.  I admired his work and his creativity.  I did not care for the TV stuff but even some of that was interesting.

Recently Hooley dropped by and he brought me a can of beer that was given to him at Boyd's pit last summer at Bonneville.  Boyd had a beer sponsor and I guess they gave out a lot of free beer.  I told Hooley when he gave it to me that I would save it for a special occasion.  I just drank that can of beer and as I did I reflected on the man.  I do not know if that was appropriate but it seemed like the right time to me.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

WZ JUNK, good post, man. To pause and show some respect is about as it gets. I hated American Hot Rod but really respected Boyd. The guy was something of a visionary. He was able to see the end result before anything was drawn. To me, that's quite a gift. I watched Hot Rod occasionally hoping I might learn something. The producers removed the stuff I would have found great and put in drama. Not my cup of tea. I have great respect for Boyd, the rod guy.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"WZ JUNK, good post, man. To pause and show some respect is about as it gets. I hated American Hot Rod but really respected Boyd. The guy was something of a visionary. He was able to see the end result before anything was drawn. To me, that's quite a gift. I watched Hot Rod occasionally hoping I might learn something. The producers removed the stuff I would have found great and put in drama. Not my cup of tea. I have great respect for Boyd, the rod guy.

Bill, you took the words right outta my mouth. I couldn't have said it better. I too did not care much for the TV show, I would have liked more buildin' less *'.......but that ain't good for ratings.

I hope he did not suffer.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****