First day of top chop

Started by Fuzzy, February 24, 2008, 09:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

The day finally came,and we started the chop on my Dodge.The real brain on the job is my friend John Kouw from Cruisin Customs,and I helped!We'll do a little more during the week,and then my fellow club members from The Relix are comin' over Friday night. );b(
Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Fuzzy

No billet for this kid!

phat rat

Looks like a good start. Nice that you got John down there to help. Is that a Ford cpe rof?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Looking good, looks like about 4"?  That donor roof will flow really nice!

Crosley.In.AZ

TWO THINGS;

looks like the flow of the roof line will be better as mentioned.... :D   the Dodge cars of that design always looked a bit weird , strange or something to me at the back end of the roof.

the photos are most excellent.... when clik'd on and they pop up to the larger size.... good views!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Ohio Blue Tip

Way to go Fuzzy, CUTTER UP!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

kb426

COOL! Someone else with a project to watch. I hope you work fast so we don't get bored. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Fuzzy

Thanks guys.I've been waiting for this to happen for a while.It works out to 3 1/2" taken off.You're right Jack,it's a 46-48 Ford roof.I bought it at Fodrocy's.You got any rear window inside mouldings in your vast inventory?Keep me in mind ,buddy.You guys might get a bit bored,but this is really the kick in the pants to keep moving forward. Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

phat rat

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Thanks guys.I've been waiting for this to happen for a while.It works out to 3 1/2" taken off.You're right Jack,it's a 46-48 Ford roof.I bought it at Fodrocy's.You got any rear window inside mouldings in your vast inventory?Keep me in mind ,buddy.You guys might get a bit bored,but this is really the kick in the pants to keep moving forward. Fuzz

Those back windows use the rubber molding instead of metal trim

Fuzzy

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Fuzzy"Thanks guys.I've been waiting for this to happen for a while.It works out to 3 1/2" taken off.You're right Jack,it's a 46-48 Ford roof.I bought it at Fodrocy's.You got any rear window inside mouldings in your vast inventory?Keep me in mind ,buddy.You guys might get a bit bored,but this is really the kick in the pants to keep moving forward. Fuzz

Those back windows use the rubber molding instead of metal trim

Thanks,Jack.That should simplify things.But it's still going to be a nightmare to install the headliner. :twisted:  Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

phat rat

I'd help you except I have no more idea how to do it than you do. Did you buy the whole roof or just the back shown?

wayne petty

maybe since the top is loose...flip the top over,    make a fiberglass mold of the inside to use later to attach the headliner to.......

jimcaf

Fuzzy,,,it looks great!! amazing how it changes the whole attitude of the car,,Nice workshop too cool atmosphere!!!,,,,jim

Fuzzy

Thanks again guys.The fiberblass mold isn't a bad idea.I looked at it again  today and it shouldn't be too hard to provide places for tack strip.I'm going to have an interior guy look at it and let me know what needs to be added and where.Thanks Jim,I kinda like it myself.I've wanted a place like this since I was a kid,working in the folks garage at home.More progress pix to come. Fuzz
No billet for this kid!