Anyone want to buy my roadster ?

Started by Dave, February 18, 2008, 09:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I'm gonna build one of them there rpu's after my roadster is done. Gonna cut up a closed cab Deuce. That's a dandy looking piece for sure.

Charlie

i  really checked that thing out Charlie and ill tell ya its prolly worth the 27,500 he wants for it but cheaper is always better.. In finished form to the right person that is gonna be worth big bucks..  There is a lot of nice detail in it.. Sue and I have always wanted a truck (ya so ask me what im doing with the roadster) I shoulda just started a truck instead but oh well..
Dave

You could probably talk Charlie out of one of his truck cabs for the right price. I bet $10,000 would take either one.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I'm gonna build one of them there rpu's after my roadster is done. Gonna cut up a closed cab Deuce. That's a dandy looking piece for sure.

Charlie

i  really checked that thing out Charlie and ill tell ya its prolly worth the 27,500 he wants for it but cheaper is always better.. In finished form to the right person that is gonna be worth big bucks..  There is a lot of nice detail in it.. Sue and I have always wanted a truck (ya so ask me what im doing with the roadster) I shoulda just started a truck instead but oh well..
Dave

You could probably talk Charlie out of one of his truck cabs for the right price. I bet $10,000 would take either one.

jack I can buy new from Brookville cheaper than that.. See thats why you havent made the team yet  :lol:
Dave

Charlie Chops 1940

There goes my agent....I just fired him - LOL.

That car has a lot of nice details and a lot of work into the changes. His $26K price on the HAMB is probably his Buy Now? I think all the parts probably get north of $20k. If Brookville has a '32 rpu body in the works it's not on their website.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Quote from: "phat rat"

Charlie

Dave

jack I can buy new from Brookville cheaper than that.. See thats why you havent made the team yet  :lol:
Dave

Dave, Well I'm a success then right? :D

Charlie, Fired! I'll bet that wouldn't have happened if Team Smart would've bit though.  :lol:

kb426

Charlie, a year ago, Brookville listed a 32 roadster pickup on their site. It was almost 10 grand. I have a friend 30 miles away that has a real one. He said the Brookville wasn't exactly the same as the original. Dave, in case you've never been in a 32 pickup, there isn't any room. No fat guy is going to steal my truck unless he uses a tow truck.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Charlie, a year ago, Brookville listed a 32 roadster pickup on their site. It was almost 10 grand. I have a friend 30 miles away that has a real one. He said the Brookville wasn't exactly the same as the original. Dave, in case you've never been in a 32 pickup, there isn't any room. No fat guy is going to steal my truck unless he uses a tow truck.

That's why  I sold mine, I'm a fat guy.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Yeah, I know about the lack of room...I had a deuce p/u back in 1962 and it wasn't gonna fit  me then. My plan is to make a roadster body from one of my closed cabs - do at least a door stretch and probably the rear of the cab until it fits.

Next after the roadster is done - I'm gonna live forever!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"There goes my agent....I just fired him - LOL.

That car has a lot of nice details and a lot of work into the changes. His $26K price on the HAMB is probably his Buy Now? I think all the parts probably get north of $20k. If Brookville has a '32 rpu body in the works it's not on their website.

Charlie

Well Charlie I can tell you that ive got 25,5 in my roadster right now and i dont have near the time invested that this guy does although sometimes time spent building doesnt count.. He says he has everything cept a few small items to complete the truck. So unless he is buying at
dealer prices id bet he has close to his asking price in it.. Maybe not..
I really enjoy building these things but its costing more every time I do one.. Im saving some money by doing my own paint on this one ..
Oh ya my statement about a brookville body for less than 10k was for a 30/31 model a body they dont make 32's yet.. Still firing Jack was one of the smartest things youve done in a while.. All he does now days is hang out looking at craigslist.. :lol:
Jack old buddy.. All i can say is your getting close.. And Frank maybe Jenny Craig or Curves..
Dave

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

Yeah, Mickey's is a nice one. I saw some pictures of it somewhere else the other and thought that would be hard to beat. Especially for a fendered car.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

39deluxe

I have seen the Brookville 32 RPU in print before and like was said, it isn't on their site anymore. I wonder what's up? I think I would go for the lengthened '31 body. The price is right compared to the '32.

Tom

Rayvyn

Seems to me, if I remember correctly, that someone was selling these at Loovul last year. At least the body and bed. I saw them in the vendors building. They had brown primer on them. I don't know the vendor though. Maybe someone on here knows of them.
It was supposedly stretched about 2"-4" or somewhere thereabouts. It was tiny. It didn't look comfortable at all. Like driving with your knees touching your nipples.
Oh well, thats my very helpful 2c worth.

Why not get a phaeton body, cut out the back, take a section off the rear part, saving the back part and rejoin them, and then put a bed behind it?
I'll leave now... :idea:  )bye(
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

the vendor was Brookville themselves

phat rat

Dave, here's a chance to turn that roadster. I think he may be somewhat of an optimist though. :shock:  Some how I doubt that the two of you could come to terms. :wink:

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"Dave, here's a chance to turn that roadster. I think he may be somewhat of an optimist though. :shock:  Some how I doubt that the two of you could come to terms. :wink:

:?: