I'm not slackin' either........

Started by EMSjunkie, February 17, 2008, 04:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Got a question about the set-up in Pic labeled Mock-up 4.It appears that the height of the king pin on the right (drivers side) is setting alot higher than the one on the left (pass. side).Is this a temporary mock-up, or built in frame?
It runs in my mind that in his history he spent some time as a "Sprint Car" builder/owner/driver. Maybe these are some pieces left over from his last ride. I seem to recall that that career came to an abrupt STOP. Or maybe he still has that chassis "set-up" in mind and he's trying to un-wind his feelings by going back in time (or turn). GPster

brti

Sure looks good to me. I'm doing the same style project and found that my engine mount cross member was too low when I finally got to wheel and ground clearance issues. What brand of front axel is that? and where did you get it? I'm running tubular and not convinced that it will give me what I want. :roll:  I've been on mine for so long that I've been in and out of style so many time I've lost count. :lol:  
May be someone could answer this,,,,,,,,,, why doesn't any one use tie rod ends on their radius rods any more?  Goes to show how long I've been at this stuff. :oops:
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later

Dave

Quote from: "brti"Sure looks good to me. I'm doing the same style project and found that my engine mount cross member was too low when I finally got to wheel and ground clearance issues. What brand of front axel is that? and where did you get it? I'm running tubular and not convinced that it will give me what I want. :roll:  I've been on mine for so long that I've been in and out of style so many time I've lost count. :lol:  
May be someone could answer this,,,,,,,,,, why doesn't any one use tie rod ends on their radius rods any more?  Goes to show how long I've been at this stuff. :oops:

Lots of people do still use tie rod ends.. The bushed ends are just a good easy way to go and were designed for 4 bar setups but came into use on hairpins too....
Joe ....Vances setup would work with a little fine tuning on the dirt track.. he already has some wedge in the frame with the axle like that. The next thing to do is lead the right  side of the axle some to kinda make it naturally turn left.. Oh ya a smaller tire on the left than the right too..
dave :arrow:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"Got a question about the set-up in Pic labeled Mock-up 4.It appears that the height of the king pin on the right (drivers side) is setting alot higher than the one on the left (pass. side).Is this a temporary mock-up, or built in frame?
It runs in my mind that in his history he spent some time as a "Sprint Car" builder/owner/driver. Maybe these are some pieces left over from his last ride. I seem to recall that that career came to an abrupt STOP. Or maybe he still has that chassis "set-up" in mind and he's trying to un-wind his feelings by going back in time (or turn). GPster

That I did Joe, that I did, and yes, it came to an ABRUPT stop :shock:  :oops:

however, no left-over suspension parts :(
I did use the motor for my '34 8)
I never was too good at guessing the "set-up"  :cry:  every time I tried, I wound up either in the in-field, over the top of the corner, or like the last time.......HARD against the front straightaway wall :evil:  :evil:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

GPster

Quote from: jusjunk
Quote from: "brti"Joe ....Vances setup would work with a little fine tuning on the dirt track.. he already has some wedge in the frame with the axle like that. The next thing to do is lead the right  side of the axle some to kinda make it naturally turn left.. Oh ya a smaller tire on the left than the right too.. dave :arrow:
That's what I was trying to figure out (thus, the hidden HINTZ). The way I looke at it he would be stting it up to go around a track BACKWARDS. GPster :Charter member of a new team "Team (not so) Smart"

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "GPster":Charter member of a new team "Team (not so) Smart"

:lol:  :ha)  :lol:  :ha)  :lol:  :ha)  :lol:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

enjenjo

Vance, I used to have a frame JUST LIKE THAT!!! :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"Vance, I used to have a frame JUST LIKE THAT!!! :lol:

Really :?:  :!:

I picked up this one from some Hillbilly in Missouri :D
met him in a Motel parking lot, got a pretty good deal on it.

maybe you know him :?:  :idea:  :wink:  :wink:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "kb426"Who's garage is that? :lol:

Its the neighbor's :-o  :roll:  :roll:

He's outta town for about a month, and was'nt gonna use it :lol:  :lol:

Vance

What else is he not using this month?  :shock: :lol:  :wink:

his garage is about the only thing I'd use anyway :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "brti"What brand of front axel is that? and where did you get it? I'm running tubular and not convinced that it will give me what I want. :roll:  :

Its a Super Bell I-beam.
I got it from Charlie Chops 1946.

I was told that tubular axles can be weak, and they don't "flex" like  an I-beam will. so I went with an I-beam. 8)

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"I got your camera right here skippy :lol:  :lol: .. Open your * eyes its sitting on jack stands and a stupid milk crate and your wondering why one king pin looks higher than the other ... Im sending a dollar with don when he moves by you to kick your gizmo.. I just better get change back  :lol:  :lol:

Hey shaggy *,
The only way you could come up with a dollar is if you cashed in those soda cans behind Sues back or lifted her purse when she wasn't looking. I know it's a mock up, Deputy Fife. I can tell the milk crate is going to be the seat too. He just ran out of jackstands for that photo op. Watch you don't cut yourself with that sharp wit of yours... :P  :P  :P  :P  :wink:  :D

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Vance:wink: You should see your package thursday or friday..
Dave..

Vance, you been on a diet... :?:  :wink:  :P  :P  :P  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I got your camera right here skippy :lol:  :lol: .. Open your * eyes its sitting on jack stands and a stupid milk crate and your wondering why one king pin looks higher than the other ... Im sending a dollar with don when he moves by you to kick your gizmo.. I just better get change back  :lol:  :lol:

Hey shaggy *,
The only way you could come up with a dollar is if you cashed in those soda cans behind Sues back or lifted her purse when she wasn't looking. I know it's a mock up, Deputy Fife. I can tell the milk crate is going to be the seat too. He just ran out of jackstands for that photo op. Watch you don't cut yourself with that sharp wit of yours... :P  :P  :P  :P  :wink:  :D

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Vance:wink: You should see your package thursday or friday..
Dave..

Vance, you been on a diet... :?:  :wink:  :P  :P  :P  :D

I can hardly wait :!:  :!:

I haven't seen my "package" in several years :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders