Midland brake setup

Started by reborn55, February 13, 2008, 09:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

Anyone have any experience with Midland power brake booster setup.  New streetrod has this setup with remote fill under the floor.  Disc/drum setup with Wildwood valve.  Just curious as to dependability of setup.  has been on the car for about 12 years.
On a side note--does anyone make a direct bolt in power brake under floor setup for a 47 Chevy convertible.

31suv

I seen one on ebay last week when I bought one for my 40 ford truck project.It was a brand new buy it now deal,listed in Fat Rodder's store. Seam's like it was on the 8th or9th page of his store in ebay motor's.
East Texas,the right side of Texas

Fat Cat

Quote from: "reborn55"On a side note--does anyone make a direct bolt in power brake under floor setup for a 47 Chevy convertible.

Enjenjo does. You can see part of one on my 47 Chevy Sedan in pictures I posted here http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8409

It uses the stock location on either the stock crossmember or one of ours and the stock brake pedal arm.

reborn55

Thanks--great looking setup.  My problem is the ragtops have the X frame and what appears to be a very limited amount of space.  Will look into it further.

31suv

If your still interested. Go to ebay motors,then parts and accessories and under search type 48 chevy power booster assembly. this one is even less cost that the other one I mentioned earlier. It say's it is a direct bolt on for 37-48 car.
East Texas,the right side of Texas

reborn55

thanks--I emailed him--still waiting for a reply