Did you all miss me while I was having my heart-attack???

Started by SKR8PN, May 29, 2004, 03:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Good to see that you're still with us. My Dads best friend had a Heart attack yesterday and he's still in the ICU.

I take it Willy is your wife? My Great Grandma's name was Willy, she was the only female Willy I had ever heard of until now. Her Dad wanted boys, but ended up with two girls so he just gave them boy names, Willy and Robby.

GaryR

Glad you're ok.  My dad died of a heat attack at 43, I'm 47 now.  At least my wife is a CCU nurse.

Gary
Some day, maybe I\'ll think of something witty, \'til then, this is the best I could do!

jaybee

WOW!  I'm sure glad you listened & went in to get it checked out.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Good to hear you listened when needed and all is better now!!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

OldSub

Glad to hear you're okay!

I had a similar adventure about five years ago.  I got to ride in a helicopter and had a second attack when I saw the bill for that...

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

btrc

Jim,
  Your lucky you listened to Willy and your OK.  Now listen to your Doctor and take it easy.  Don't be running anywhere for a while.  If they tell you to rest, do it.  It's too easy to blow it off and get back to work and other stressfull stuff.   If you follow instructions and go through whatever treatment they suggest then this will just be a bump in the road.
 Rest and Get Well.

Bob
Bob

SKR8PN

Thanks very much for all the good thoughts and prayers. The last couple of months have been like a bad dream,between the problems with the truck,my mom having a stroke,plus the everyday BS you have to contend with. When Willy told my mom that I had a heart attack,she demanded to be brought from rehab, so she could see her son. It is very humbling when your mother,in a wheelchair,comes to visit her 50 y/o son who just had a heart attack.
THE ONE thing,I have come to appreciate,more than anything in this world,is Willy. She has been incredible thru everything that has happened in the past few months. I am truly blessed and don't know what I would have done without her at my side.

Sean,My wifes given name is Deb,but my nickname for her is Willy,after that cartoon caracter "Chilly Willy" she is ALWAYS cold and doesn't get warmed up till July or August!!! The nickname followed into her work place because there are 4 other "Deb's" in her department. She has become Willy to just about everyone. Her nickname for me is Slick.........
Don't ask how THAT one came about :-o  :-o
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Dirk35

Sure glad to see that your the one actually typing that message instead of a family friend or your wife! :cry:
Good to hear your ok. That dodge wont finish itself you know!
Take care of yourself.

longislandvic

i have had three attacks. its no joke.  you learn real quick to believe in doctors and medicationstake it easy and let things work them selve out

KustomLincolnLady

Dang Jim!!!!! I, like Denise figured you were busy with your mom!!!!

Now, let this be a lesson, you should ALWAYS listen to your wife  :wink: LOL

Sure am glad your ok, I am sure that was a harrowing experience!!! to say the least.

Guess your gonna be spending a lot of time bonding with Ginger,  :wink:  :lol:

Rob & Debb

beatnik

:-o wow Jim, that's frightening, I'm glad you're alright.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

enjenjo

QuoteHer nickname for me is Slick.........
Don't ask how THAT one came about  

So Why does she call you slick? :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

mopar2dr

Glad to hear you caught this in time and are doing so well. The wifes brother let his go for a few days before going to the ER and now has a pacemaker. It seems that every time I get to working on something,a new pain develops. I too,will think about your advice and take my aches more serious.
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

Rayvyn

I'm glad to see you caught it in time and came through it okay. Now take 2 weeks and catch up on your overdue hawt rawd magazine reading.

And keep away from the Farmer's Monthly magazine for awhile. I know how you Midwestern farm boys are...Too long of a stare at the centerfold, your heart will start racin' and you'll be makin' another trip to the ER...!!

Give the better half a big hug and thank her again... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

moondisc

Thank the Lord for good woman!
Some of us would be dead without them!
I never had chest or arm pain.
They were treating me for alergies. Swollen eyes, breaking out in hives.
And I had jaw pain.
I later found out these are all signs of heart problems too. Signs they never tell you about.