Did you all miss me while I was having my heart-attack???

Started by SKR8PN, May 29, 2004, 03:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKR8PN

Sad to say ,but true..........Thursday morning,Willy got up at 4:00 am to get ready to go to work. I woke up with this NASTY pain in my neck-chest area. Got up,tried to shake it off,had a sip or two of coffee,but it got worse,and I realized something was way wrong. Willy STRONGLY suggested a trip to theShelby ER to get it checked out. Thank God I listened to her. 2  minutes after they got me wired up,they informed my I was having a heart attack!!! Stuff started happening REAL quick then. Nitro pills and an ambulance ride to the heart Cath Lab in Mansfield and by 8:00 am I had been cathed,stented and was in ICU.........
Boys and girls,I was VERY lucky. Don't mess around when you feel that tightness in your chest.Mine was a light one and it doesn't appear to have done much damage to my heart.We will find out more in a week or so. They let me out Saturday afternoon with orders to take a couple of weeks off.........
If this would have happened during the day,while Willy was at work,I probably would have just played it off and kept on working.
You would have been reading about me in the newspaper.............
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Charlie Chops 1940

Man, am I glad to hear that you're okay. I'm glad she prevailed and you went right in.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Glad you're still with us. That's nothing to mess with...

58 Yeoman

Too close for comfort, Jim. Glad you caught it in time.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Fat Cat

*, Jim when it rains it pours for you. Glad to hear your OK. Listen to that doctor and take it easy. You still haven't taken your first bite from the RRT BBQ yet.  :D

HotRodLadyCrusr

HOLY SMOKES!  Glad to hear that your going to be ok bud.

Just last nite while Beatnik and I were out cruzn he made a comment that you've been awful quite on the boards lately and I told him it was probley cuz you were spending alot of time with your mom and stuff.  I guess this was the reason why.

You and Willy need to come to Detroit next weekend for a couple of days of hot rod fun and relaxation.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

rooster

Glad your ok, I hope you have a quick and total recovery.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"You and Willy need to come to Detroit next weekend for a couple of days of hot rod fun and relaxation.

yea what she said.  :D

SKR8PN

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"HOLY SMOKES!  Glad to hear that your going to be ok bud.

Just last nite while Beatnik and I were out cruzn he made a comment that you've been awful quite on the boards lately and I told him it was probley cuz you were spending alot of time with your mom and stuff.  I guess this was the reason why.

You and Willy need to come to Detroit next weekend for a couple of days of hot rod fun and relaxation.

I TOTALLY agree........but they have me on a very restricted little plan for the next 6 weeks.
I have been shot at,crashed cars,motorcycles,jet ski's,drag raced,went roundy-round racing in the dirt, crashed HARD while snow skiing,para-sailed,I even ROLLED a car once,ON PURPOSE .....done LOT'S of scary/stupid stuff before,but THIS,is ONE ride,I don't EVER want to do again!
........... I was in the same wing my mom was,when SHE was in ICU a couple weeks back. You should have seen the looks I got from a few of the nurses,when they came in the room, recognized me,and wanted to know WHAT I was doing in that bed............

purplepickup

Whew, sounds like that was a close one!    I went thru a similar episode when I was 45.  I was on the emergency medical team at work an put myself on oxygen right away til the ambulance got there.  Reacting quick is extremely important.  Really glad you're still with us thanks to Willy.

You know you're probably going to have to cut back on eating those deep fried test tickles now. :shock:
George

Stevie G

Well,You have been through it huh?
Glad to see your still there.
Do you like monsters?  Get a Swamp Thing T-Shirt

SKR8PN

Quote from: "purplepickup"
You know you're probably going to have to cut back on eating those deep fried test tickles now. :shock:

Actually,we discussed this with the dietician. She said,the testosterone in the * probably kept the heart damage down to a minimum.......
Now,get out there and eat some test-tickles!!!

moparrodder

Hey Jim,  I'm sure glad you listened to Willy this time!!  What you experienced isn't any fun to put it mildly.  I've been there too, but mine was caused by a clot in my left lung from a toxic chemical smoke burn from smoke inhalition from a garage fire.  If anyone has that heavy feeling in their chest and sometimes pain can radiate to the arm or jaw or back and the pain don't go away in a few minutes,  GET IT CHECKED OUT!!!!!  I would rather find nothing wrong than be found lieing on the floor and it's too late.  We'll keep you in our thoughts for a speedy and healthy recovery, and by all means listen and do what the doctor says.  We need ya around for a LONG time to answer all those Mopar questions!!!  I'll say a prayer tonight and thank the good Lord above for looking out for you!!!   Bill and Gail

Scrap Fe

I had nearly the same thing happen to me on May 4.  I had done some out of the ordinary physical activities the weekend before and had a slight tightness in my chest that I blew off as muscle strain.  After two days the tightness had not subsided and I mentioned it to my wife at supper.  She said we going to the emergency room to get it checked out.  I learned a long time ago not to buck her female intuition.

In the emergency room they found a elevated enzyme level in my blood but my EKG was fine and my cholesteral was 150.  They admitted me to the hospital and I met with a cardiologist next day and he suspected a blockage.  He did the dye thing and found the artery on the back side of my heart had a 95% blockage and installed one of those new coated stents.  He told me I was one step away from a heart attack.

The first time I walked after surgery I felt that I had previously been dragging a sand bag behind me and it had been cut loose.  I have a noticible increase in energy and I have had to make a few changes to my life style but it beats the alternative.  I don't have any heart damage and also consider myself very fortunate.  55 year old is to early to check out.  Had I not listened to my wife, I would have probably gone out to the garage and had the big one.

Bob K

Glad you are OK Jim, can't be too careful with that kind of stuff. Last year on the way down Pikes Peak with HRPP, Charilie Chops, Ohio Blue Tip, and Slocrow. I had some discomfort and the guy's insisted that I go to the emergency room. I did, and it was a false alarm, but you never know. coulda been the real thing. If those guys had not been so insistent I probably would have blown it off. Glad they did though at least I knew that there was nothing wrong.

Actually I faked the whole thing so as I wouldn't have to change the carburator on my 47. They did it for me in the hospital parking lot while I was in the emergency room.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Stick with that rehab, you will be surprised how much better you feel.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?