Looks like tomorrow..

Started by Dave, February 11, 2008, 07:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "kb426".

Thats interesting.. I do think these dunlops are junk and were junk when new.. heavy bike not enuff grip = meat wagon ride and my luck id get a guy like vance  :lol:  :lol: ..  :?:    
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

You'd be darn lucky to get a Medic like me :-o

24 years experience, or maybe you need a eager, aggressive fresh graduate :lol:

Vance

Someone needs to tell Barney Scissorhands to let the seeing eye dog handle the knife from now on... :wink:  :P  :P  :P  :D

Did the wifey kiss the boo-boo and make it better... ~:)

No but she has been wrapping it for me.. Got the price on 2 metzlers mounted on the scoot.. OUCH, 439.27... Actually they are close if i figured ordering off the net and shipping. Then they have to lift the bike and pull both wheels for mounting.. I guess we will prolly just GET R DONE..
Dave

34ford

Think Dave might have been distracted in his thinking when using the stanley!

:shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

tomslik

Thats interesting.. I do think these dunlops are junk and were junk when new.. heavy bike not enuff grip = meat wagon ride and my luck id get a guy like vance  :lol:  :lol: ..  :?:    

Vance

Someone needs to tell Barney Scissorhands to let the seeing eye dog handle the knife from now on... :wink:  :P  :P  :P  :D

No but she has been wrapping it for me.. Got the price on 2 metzlers mounted on the scoot.. OUCH, 439.27... Actually they are close if i figured ordering off the net and shipping. Then they have to lift the bike and pull both wheels for mounting.. I guess we will prolly just GET R DONE..
Dave

not a bad price for ME880's....
me, i just ride the bike to the shop and let THEM do the work.
it ain't worth it to me to buy a bike lift.....
think it was about $460 when i had mine done...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"

Vance

Dave

thanks for the reply i feel better bout the price now.. i dont have a lift either so im going blackwalls too
Dave

tomslik

Quote from: "tomslik"

Vance

Dave

thanks for the reply i feel better bout the price now.. i dont have a lift either so im going blackwalls too
Dave

yeah, i went blackwalls too.
i'm too lazy to keep up with whites....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

I pop my bike up on a bike jack..... back tire comes off like car tire ( 5 lugs) , front a bit more envolved... remove one brake caliper and plastic fender section.

local bike shop chagres me 25 bucks per wheel to R&R tires & balance  IF I carry the tires and wheels in. Buy t he tires there and R&R is included.

cost of bike tires es muy nuckin futs IMHO.   although my current bike uses radial design tires
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Well as you know the harleys never had a center stand! I liked the one on my old kawasaki voyager VII as it was really slick. Just to make your day the read tire were putting on is a ME 880 160/80b16 RR GL1500.... Its a gold Wing size as i can go 2 sizes bigger on the rear..

purplepickup

Quote from: "jusjunk"Well as you know the harleys never had a center stand! I liked the one on my old kawasaki voyager VII as it was really slick.
Actually, they did but they were worthless.  I've had 3 FLH's with center stands...a '58, '63, and a '72.  Getting the heavy suckers up ON the stand without dropping it was next to impossible.  Jacks are mucho better.
George

Dave

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Well as you know the harleys never had a center stand! I liked the one on my old kawasaki voyager VII as it was really slick.
Actually, they did but they were worthless.  I've had 3 FLH's with center stands...a '58, '63, and a '72.  Getting the heavy suckers up ON the stand without dropping it was next to impossible.  Jacks are mucho better.

Thanks for that info George thats new to me.. My voyager VII had a stand that you set half way down then hit it hard and the bike was all the way up.. Actually it required very little force and worked great. Im surprised no one else picked up on the idea..
Dave