This is too much work.. Ezboy interior update..

Started by Dave, February 06, 2008, 06:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Well heres a couple pics .. Im waiting for the other panel to repla ce the one I messed up but I got the bottom cover for the seat tonite and it came out pretty darn good. Note to self and anyone else that wants to listen.. Seat cover is sweet but when ordering panel material with 2 inch pleats on the bottom and a smooth section at the top dont and I repeat dont  order the panels double sewn with piping between the smooth section and the pleats.. Its way too hard to line up and it needs  1/2 inch foam under the smooth section then trying to get the material in the right place with the foam on to will drive ya CRAZY.. :evil:  :twisted:  :x .
My Panels are off some so oh well.. I learned sumpin.. Ill use it on the next car ..Sperience thats wat it is. :lol: Ok heres the pics for your viewing pleasure and ill value your opinions (ya right sue said it looks good)..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:
ps: this still aint done ive got a couple corrections to make and im gonna go with red carpet and ill carpet behind the panel behind the seat where the seat  is setting in at the top and that will get rid of the insulation look and make it look more finished. I slid the seat way back for leg room..

kb426

Dave, it looks pretty good. When you're being critical about your work, don't forget what you spent versus what it could have been. I don't know how many interiors you've done but most of us do better with each successive one. I'd like to be more knowledgeable but I never want to quit learning. On top of the money, this was done on your schedule. Your mini van seat is a little different than mine. The ends of the back on mine wrap around towards the front about an inch. Was yours' like that ? Thumbs up dude!
TEAM SMART

Bugpac

I agree, looks good enuff for who its for.... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

UGLY OLDS

Dave..We've done our own interiors on all our cars...If that's your first attempt at upholstery it looks darn good to me...Ain't nutton there to be ashamed of....Nice job...after is sits in the sun for awhile it will tighten up some & look even better....Looks good..... :b-d:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Fuzzy

No billet for this kid!

EMSjunkie

It looks great, Barney 'ole buddy :!:  :!:

you hire out :?:

after Bill gets done with the sheet metal work on my C-cab, I'm gonna some interior work done. :-o  :wink:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Excellent job, Maestro. Martha Stewart would be jealous.

You can tell it's a Michigan hot rod, though. It won't be in the sun long enough for the seat to get hot. Down here, you get into a vinyl seat car with shorts on, you'll burn off the short and curlies real quick.

As far as the dash hook to hang the gold chain on, will it be upholstered, or finished in Coddingdumb chrome... :?:  :wink:  :P  :D

Seriously, it's looks great... :!:  );b(
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

chimp koose

That just looks mighty fine!From the looks of your job there I might just try to do the upholstery in my car some day.

Dave

No Bill all i did was add some batting on the bottom and the back to hide the details in the foam. This is my 4th interior. U usually buy a tea's seat then the extra material and do the panels. Ya live and learn.. Bryan I hope it gets hot cause maybe it will shrink up just enuff in a couple places  :lol: . Im sure ill have a couple towels to cover it on the really hot days.. I hope to order the carpet yet this week although its already thursday but I can do some more measuring tonite while im in the garage and order tomorrow.. Ive got a couple corners to massage in a little better then try to tuck the piping under the panels a little better (thats another PIA with the piping).. then finish the passenger side kick panel and door panel when the new material comes in.  Im almost ready for a ride.. Total so far right around 1100.00 for materials. if i wouldnt have messed up it coulda been right around a grand for everything but the carpet.

rumrumm

Looks great, Dave. After having done mine, I know how much work, tension, and frustration can go into doing one, especially if it is the first time like mine was. However, I wouldn't be afraid to tackle another one. I enjoyed doing it.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

purplepickup

Looks really good to me Dave. 8)

Seems to me that vinyl is the hot tip for an open car that's likely to be caught in the rain.  If I was driving cross country I'd rather be able to wipe the seat off than sit on a wet sponge for hundreds of miles. But then a true gold chainer wouldn't have to worry about rain....unless his trailer leaks :wink:
George

Bugpac

*, it does bring back memories of going to the grocery store with granny in the granada... :lol:

Dave

Quote from: "purplepickup"Looks really good to me Dave. 8)

Seems to me that vinyl is the hot tip for an open car that's likely to be caught in the rain.  If I was driving cross country I'd rather be able to wipe the seat off than sit on a wet sponge for hundreds of miles. But then a true gold chainer wouldn't have to worry about rain....unless his trailer leaks :wink:

Ha ha i see you were looking for something there george but ya know what   :?:  :?: It just so happens I dont own a trailer,,, open or enclosed  :D  thanks for thinking bout me though  :lol:  Ya I just couldnt do the tweed stuff in an open car but i am considering a top for this one and have the ok to order one. Just another thing on the list to think about..
Leonard is jealous he dont even have a seat..

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bugpac

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "purplepickup"Looks really good to me Dave. 8)

Ha ha i see you were looking for something there george but ya know what   :?:  :?: It just so happens I dont own a trailer,,, open or enclosed  :D  thanks for thinking bout me though  :lol:  Ya I just couldnt do the tweed stuff in an open car but i am considering a top for this one and have the ok to order one. Just another thing on the list to think about..
Leonard is jealous he dont even have a seat..

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I don't have nothing to put the seat in even, lol...

slocrow

Looks good Dave. Question, the back of the seat seems to rest in a exact fit recess area in the behind the seat panel. Was this part of your doing, as the side panels seem to flow perfectly into the top part. Or asking another way, what's the story with the fitment around the seat back?
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...