Modern improvements

Started by kb426, February 04, 2008, 08:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I got them new fangled things called winders! The glass man trimmed the sides and now they go up and down. They're a little too tall so the glass is coming back out for another trim. I'm not resting my arm on the glass because I was too dumb to fix it. I do have a question for all. The arm that runs from the door handle to the door latch rattles. I thought about putting a o-ring around the stud that it's fastened to on both ends. Does anybody have a better idea?
TEAM SMART

Rayvyn

Quote from: "kb426"I got them new fangled things called winders! The glass man trimmed the sides and now they go up and down. They're a little too tall so the glass is coming back out for another trim. I'm not resting my arm on the glass because I was too dumb to fix it. I do have a question for all. The arm that runs from the door handle to the door latch rattles. I thought about putting a o-ring around the stud that it's fastened to on both ends. Does anybody have a better idea?

You could cut a length of shrink wrap tubing, slice it open end to end and wrap it around the arm.

Or a thin plastic 'C' clip washer if it's rattling at the joint.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

if you can hear that rattle, your exhaust isn't loud enough 8)
:lol:  :lol:
Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

wayne petty

late model cars use a slip cover over the rod... sometimes solid.. sometimes fishnet style....might be easy to get some from the junk yard if it even warms up....

there are also guides on newer cars that might be of use...

kb426

I should have elaborated. These are flat strips of metal about 1 inch wide by around a 1/16" thick. Where the stud goes through at both ends is where the rattles come from. They weren't wore enough to cut the rivet off and start over but they have enough side to side clearance to be annoying. I think I'll see if there is any plastic e-clips out here in no-man's land. If I put one on either side, that could fix this. Thanks, guys.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

put some wave in an E ring and shove it in the gap.......

or cut a deep u shapped piece of material and pull it through and glue the tabs down to hold it in place....

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"I should have elaborated. These are flat strips of metal about 1 inch wide by around a 1/16" thick. Where the stud goes through at both ends is where the rattles come from. They weren't wore enough to cut the rivet off and start over but they have enough side to side clearance to be annoying. I think I'll see if there is any plastic e-clips out here in no-man's land. If I put one on either side, that could fix this. Thanks, guys.

They dont have springs on em? My roadster latches have a 1 inch x 1/16 flat dealie too . Where they fit to the handle and the latch there are springs to hold it tight.. How about a simple wire tie around it   not too tight just enuff to remove the rattle..
Dave

Daveyboy

I don't know if this helps  but.  
Plumber have this felt that has glue on one side and i use it to fix things like this peal and stick the rod will slip past and it will out last the car.
Plumber Felt

Dave