A Little off topic...

Started by Dusty, January 30, 2008, 05:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Anyone have an old Triumph Swing arm frame laying behind the barn?
I want to build another Street bike Like I used to have back in the "60s.  
Anyone have any old Triumph parts?  They are getting hard to find...

Dusty
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Dave

Quote from: "Dusty"Anyone have an old Triumph Swing arm frame laying behind the barn?
I want to build another Street bike Like I used to have back in the "60s.  

Dusty

I wish.... In my younger days i had a sweet 650 bonniville that i redid and sold .. Of course like all my other bikes I made money on it in fact i traded a an ols snowmobile for ti and the next week we had 18 inches of snow.. Ha Ha .. I made money though when i sold it. Id like another bsa 650 and another bsa 441 victor too .. I loved then bikes.. With everyone into bobbers now they are really hard to come by. Its getting hard to find a yamaha 650 also. Ya I had one of them too.. Man to think back.. I had a honda 350 4 cylinder i bought for 250 bucks and cleaned the carbs and got it running sweet and sold it for 750.00 .. Ahh the good old days.. No internet no cable tv just beer and bikes   :lol:  :lol:

kb426

My past collection of British bikes consists of: 68 Daytona 500, 73 750 Bonneville, 63 250 cub, 68 441 shooting star, 66 500 trophy. I've had fun with all but don't know if I want to do it again. I have no parts left, just whitworth wrenches and a couple of flywheel pullers.
TEAM SMART

Dusty

Do you have a Triumph/BSA cam gear puller?

Dusty
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

kb426

TEAM SMART

Dusty

Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

Jbird

Quote from: "Dusty"I want to build another Street bike Like I used to have back in the "60s.  

Dusty

Me too. I gave up trying to find affordable British bikes/parts. So Iwent with the, so called, first super bike, Honda CB750. I really wanted a Triumph Trophy, 650cc single carb like I had in HS.
  The Hondas are nice bikes, real fast, stop good, handle OK but they are heavy compared to an old Triumph. I think they're around 450# without my fat butt in the saddle.  Best of luck to ya.  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

58 Yeoman

My ex-brother in law had a 350 4 cyl Honda, then quit riding it many years ago.  Last time I saw it was probably 10 to 15 years ago when we pulled off the Vetter fairing and sold it to a friend of mine.  I wonder if he still has it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"My ex-brother in law had a 350 4 cyl Honda, then quit riding it many years ago.  Last time I saw it was probably 10 to 15 years ago when we pulled off the Vetter fairing and sold it to a friend of mine.  I wonder if he still has it.

Ill tell ya what if he does he has something.. This was 20 or better years ago when i had mine... They are a very rare piece and they ran well. If i remember right they red lined at like 11.5 or 12 k ..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

purplepickup

Benny, I should have some stock stuff off of a '69 TR6C laying around somewhere......maybe a tank, fenders, seat,  & emblems.  I haven't seen that stuff in a long time tho.  I know I sold the front end a few years ago. If it's anything you're looking for I can see if I can find it.

I bought the bike new in England and had it shipped back here.  When it got back I stripped it and chopped it.
George

Dusty

ANYTHING... GEORGE, ANYTHING....
How's your supply of Mesquite holding out???

Benny
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

Grandadeo

My son needs a '69 Triumph front end (forks,etc) assembly if anyone has one laying around.  He has a '71 front end to trade.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

purplepickup

Benny I've looked and looked.  I can't find my Triumph stuff.  I don't remember selling it....but I am gettin' older and might have forgot...

Maybe somebody else has some parts.  I'd like to see you put a bike together.  It would make a nice pit bike to ride around at Bonneville. 8)
George

Dusty

OK George...

Thanks for looking....I am gathering up some parts...There is a bunch on ebay, but they are so high...I think I will do better finding a complete bike...

Thanks
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

GPster

I have no idea about prices anymore. Since my wreck my mind keeps going back to what I paid for stuff when I was working or sometimes even back as far as to when I started messing with this stuff. There are 3 "Brit" bikes in the local bargain shopper and they've been there for weeks so the seller may have an inflated idea of their worth. There's a '73 750 Tiger for $3500.00, a '72 650 Bonneville for $4000.00 and a '67 650 Bonneville for $4000.00. These prices are out of my range because I bought an '84 Harley Softail for $2000.00 (of course I got $7500.00 trade for it on my '93). You might check on the HAMB or Ol' Skool Rodz for Satan Herself. She seems to be trading on some bike stuff. PM me if you want to know more on the other 3 items. They would be in Ohio/WVa. area. GPster