auto transporters

Started by Rich Guzman, January 21, 2008, 04:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Guzman

A Buddy here at work just bought himself a 30 model Vicky and is looking for atransport service to bring the vehicle down to Houston (TX) from NY state... Any recomendations? :)
Temporarily stranded in the Panhandle

enjenjo

Enclosed, or open transport? Running or not?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

RAJ484

We used DAS a few years ago to get a convertible GTO from New York to New Mexico. It was inclosed and on the top rack so nothing would drip on the white convertible top. Cost about 1 grand and arrived just fine.

http://www.dasautoshippers.com/
It drove into my garage...it DID drive back out!!!

dragrcr50

Quote from: "RAJ484"We used DAS a few years ago to get a convertible GTO from New York to New Mexico. It was inclosed and on the top rack so nothing would drip on the white convertible top. Cost about 1 grand and arrived just fine.

http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

I used DAS and my car got here with 97 more miles than when loaded with mud all over it and the rear bumper torn off and in side the bablazer.  it was a lowered 2 wheel drive 67 blazer  . never got a dime from them and ended up I should have pre insured it with them for an extra 300 dollars and it took 7 weeks for it to go from Ky to Okla.  I prolly wont use them again..... I do use D&G trucking out of winnsboro Texas, so far 74 cars and not one problem.......
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

ChevyGirlRox

I ship cars pretty often and as a result have come across some great people.

Demoise Trk-ing
http://www.demoise.com/

They are a great family company that is super careful with cars and really cares about the customer. Give them a call at 864-609-9390 and tell them Megan from Motorcar Portfolio sent you.

Also, Passport which is now owned by FedEx does a nice job too. They are a bigger company but still very personable, reliable and caring.
Here is their website:
http://passport.fedex.com/

Their phone number is 800.325.4267

These are both enclosed car hauling companies which is what I would use this time of year for any car coming out of the north.

Good luck!
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Rich Guzman

Thanks Guy's (and gals) I appreciate the input, as far as I know he purchased a running/drivable vehicle, if the Pic's are to be believed it looks great. I did see some minor rust forming up on the drivers side rear fender right above where it bolts to the running board.. but no big deal. I'll pass the info along to him along with an invite to join in the fun here.  :D  :D  :D
Temporarily stranded in the Panhandle

Jbird

I'd steer clear of DAS too. A cutomer of mine bought a 67 Mustang GT, he flew to Chicago, test drove it and made the shipping arrangements with DAS, when it got here to Sactown it barely ran. I pulled the valve covers and found two broken push rods and a handful of bent ones. He and the woman he bought the car from contacted DAS. they just brushed them off. I figure some minum wage loader took a hot lap and missed a shift.

Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

reborn55

I am having my wife's street rod shiped from Boise to Southern Illinois--am using Cascade Vehicle shipping--will let you know.  I did pre insure the vehicle.

Husker

This guy gets real good reviews at the HAMB.

Ben DeLozier
Cell 417-818-0844
E-mail tandatransport@gmail.com

enjenjo

Ben has hauled for me, and did an outstanding job on more than one occasion. He does not have an enclosed transport.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

reborn55

For not having an enclosed trailer, Ben does an excellent job.  Hauled a 57 Nomad and 48 Dodge for me, one West and one East.

39deluxe

Have had a lot of friends use Intercity lines. I've heard nothing but good about them.

ChevyGirlRox

Quote from: "Husker"This guy gets real good reviews at the HAMB.

Ben DeLozier
Cell 417-818-0844
E-mail tandatransport@gmail.com

Yes, definitely BenD.  He is a great guy.

Someone made a comment about insurance and I felt it worth to mention the following.
When you purchase a car you should ALWAYS immediately put insurance on the car.  Your insurance may have rules and regs dictating what papers you have to hold or where it has to be but you should ALWAYS have insurance on it when having it transported.  Yes, most trucking companies are bonded and insured but there is NO reason to run any risk of limited insurance coverage.  Shipping accidents do happen. I think posts within this thread are good testaments to that.
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.