junk yard finds

Started by fatkoop, January 21, 2008, 11:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatkoop

I don't know how many Denver guys are on board here, but I was in our local Pull-N-Save this past weekend and I saw a totally complete 292 Ford & 3-on-the-tree in a '63 F100 (uni-body), several 9" Ford rear ends, a '40/'41 Buick coupe (nice rust-free body, but stripped), a '51/'52 Dodge coupe (another nice bare body).  Just thought I'd post for those interested.  The stuff is still out there, and cheap, too!

Mac

It's not the first time I've heard Colorado mentioned along with rod material availability.
That's it - I'm moving there.
Here in Pennsaltvania what hasn't fallen victim to rust has been crushed for the the rising scrap prices to be reincarnated into Chinese tools from Harbor Freight.
Who\'s yer Data?

tomslik

i was up at martins a week ago dumping a car off and there was a 59 ford 2dr wagon that didn't look to be in too bad of shape, didn't see it last saturday, though...

also didn't spend much time there,too * cold! :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

58Apache

Quote from: "Mac"It's not the first time I've heard Colorado mentioned along with rod material availability.
That's it - I'm moving there.
Here in Pennsaltvania what hasn't fallen victim to rust has been crushed for the the rising scrap prices to be reincarnated into Chinese tools from Harbor Freight.

I almost moved to PA once....and went to a cruise-in while there on a scouting expedition. Despite the rust belt, I seen some of the most rare jaw dropping classic iron come out that I ever laid my eyes on!

While it's true that most "opportunities" may lie west of there, behind the closed garage doors in PA lies some pretty incredible machines!   .

...and I keep seeing some incredible iron in NY and Joisey...what's up with that? Are these all transplanted California cars?....or did NY and Joisey run out of salt a lot?

Steve

fatkoop

I just wish more guys would let everyone know when they see a deal or a possible good project that they are not interested in.  I hate to see the stuff just rust away or worse yet, get crushed and made into more Harbor Freight "tools". :roll:

rumrumm

Quote from: "fatkoop"I just wish more guys would let everyone know when they see a deal or a possible good project that they are not interested in.  I hate to see the stuff just rust away or worse yet, get crushed and made into more Harbor Freight "tools". :roll:

I agree. '40-41 Buick coupes make very cool street rods. One of those would be pretty impressive with a 401 V8 stuffed under the hood.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com