Ok pics from the weekend. getting creative !

Started by Dave, January 20, 2008, 06:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Kinda a tech post........
Heres a couple interior pics. Im making the panels with anticipation of seat covers and panel material soon.. Ive got to add some wood or foam on the edges of the kick panels cause the hidden hinges require more space and there is about a 3/4 gap at the doors opening edge. I didnt take pics of that.. Today was spent making the panel for behind the seat. if you find the Street Rodder that had the article about doing the interior on the 32 roadster with ezboy stuff you will see how they formed the panel for behind the seat and how it worked out.. Well theirs looked good but the way they did it they lost a good 6 inches of leg room. Since I like to stretch out and profile  :lol: I formed my panel with a saber saw and a heat gun and then I cut the panel out behind the seat to the seat could traverse ? (LACK OF A BETTER WORD) Inside the panel creating about 6 inches more leg room. I also didnt make 2 panels like they did and glue em together i went for it and made it out of one piece of abs plastic.. Im happy with it and a couple more nights and the door panels should be done also. Ha Im gonna make the door panels out of 2 pieces per side just to use some left over ABS.. Im also gonna post the pics of the steering column signal shaft to door handle clearance problem but i did rotate the column to get clearance rather than shortening the shaft.. If you look close and hold a mirror to the image you will see im really flipping everyone off  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Its cold here.
Dave :wink: :arrow:

UGLY OLDS

Boy...Those van seats fit like they're made for those cars... 8)

I would've left the signal lever alone.. :?  You could've open'ed the door...Made a right turn & flashed your hi-beams all at the same time :shock:  :shock:

That  efficiancy :!:  :!:  :!:  :wink:

Bob......
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

GPster

It's possible that that 6" you gained was from space they left so that when the top is down the inward fold of the top won't hit you in the back of your neck if the seat is clear back to that position. Sometimes it's better to have the top fold into the body opening than to have it (and it would be the back window panel) laying and rubbing on a painted body surface when the top is down. With the top up all the time or not having a top that problem won't exist. That eliminating that room was just like me losing the package shelf behind the seat when I built my coupe but thinking about your idea is adding to the foibles of designing the chopped,folding top for the shortened Jeepster body. Look at the ruuuuun oooon sentences!!!!!!!! GPster

Dave

Joe if i go with a top its gonna be a bop top and they dont fold anyway. They dont even snap to the body behind the seat.. they have a bar that wraps around the body line with snaps in it.. So we will see and thats when or if i do the top thing.,. I think im sitting low enuff in the car that it wont be a problem but i cant see in front of me :)...................... Just kidding..
Dave

Quote from: "GPster"It's possible that that 6" you gained was from space they left so that when the top is down the inward fold of the top won't hit you in the back of your neck if the seat is clear back to that position. Sometimes it's better to have the top fold into the body opening than to have it (and it would be the back window panel) laying and rubbing on a painted body surface when the top is down. With the top up all the time or not having a top that problem won't exist. That eliminating that room was just like me losing the package shelf behind the seat when I built my coupe but thinking about your idea is adding to the foibles of designing the chopped,folding top for the shortened Jeepster body. Look at the ruuuuun oooon sentences!!!!!!!! GPster

Fuzzy

No billet for this kid!