Road trip

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, January 19, 2008, 08:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Made a trip down to Howell/Whitmore lake to pick up another '32 pickup cab. It was fowl from Muskegon to east of Grand Rapids. Snowy, icy, and 9 above at 10 AM. Saw a number of wadded up 4wd's and regular cars and a lot of polished guard rails. Managed to keep out of trouble myself though.

After getting around GR it was fairly pleasant the rest of the way. All of 14 above at Whitmore Lake where I got the cab loaded in the trailer. Nice drive back with a few icy spots from Coopersville on in. Got back at 4 PM to a balmy 7 above.

I think this poor old cab spent the last 40 years outside so another couple days won't hurt it much.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Wish I could find a good one. I would paint it and swap out my repaired one. I don't envy the trip, though. BURR!
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Was it worth it or not? Need to know if I can still come around. LOL
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Let's just say that I must have missed the cheap '32 restorable stuff. It's a bit rough but I can rub it out - LOL. A little snow isn't gonna make it any worse. Yeah, you can still come over.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Let's just say that I must have missed the cheap '32 restorable stuff. It's a bit rough but I can rub it out - LOL. A little snow isn't gonna make it any worse. Yeah, you can still come over.

Charlie

Sounds like I didn't miss out on much by passing it on.

Charlie Chops 1940

You're right. You did, however, miss the opportunity to hone your metal working skills - LOL.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"You're right. You did, however, miss the opportunity to hone your metal working skills - LOL.

Charlie

LOL I'm doing that on the mod. I think I'm getting better too.

Bugpac

If you'd hurry up and get it straightened out, I could pull a mold off it... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Bugpac"If you'd hurry up and get it straightened out, I could pull a mold off it... :D

Hurry? Why, you planning on selling your business for the big bucks now?

A Hooligan!

Bugpac

No, i just want a pickup... :D  for myself to build and drive... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Made a trip down to Howell/Whitmore lake to pick up another '32 pickup cab. It was fowl from Muskegon to east of Grand Rapids. Snowy, icy, and 9 above at 10 AM. Saw a number of wadded up 4wd's and regular cars and a lot of polished guard rails. Managed to keep out of trouble myself though.

After getting around GR it was fairly pleasant the rest of the way. All of 14 above at Whitmore Lake where I got the cab loaded in the trailer. Nice drive back with a few icy spots from Coopersville on in. Got back at 4 PM to a balmy 7 above.

I think this poor old cab spent the last 40 years outside so another couple days won't hurt it much.

Charlie

cab looks good in the pics...

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

It looks like the roof is a little bumpy but for a Michigan body, it's a heck of a find.

BTW, I don't think it got over 6 or 8 above here yesterday either.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

I think that was a little ice hanging on. I'll admit that I didn't run my hand over it - afraid it might stick it was so cold. Now it's snow covered anyway.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"It looks like the roof is a little bumpy but for a Michigan body, it's a heck of a find.

BTW, I don't think it got over 6 or 8 above here yesterday either.

ahhhhh, road trips!

WELL, AT LEAST YA DIDN'T PULL IT IN HALF WHEN YA UNLOADED IT, RIGHT?

(sorry about the caps, fat fingers and early in the morning)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

So where did you go .. :?:  Howell and whitmore lake are pretty far apart?
Howell is north of pinckney and west of brighton and whitmore lake is south of brighton and east of pinckney ? Ive run them roads a bit  :lol: Used to race snowmobiles on whitmore in the winter.. Howell was were I had to go to court  thanks to the kids ex girl friend
Dave :arrow:  :wink: