B/J 2008

Started by Dave, January 16, 2008, 07:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat46"I watched the B/J auction for a while, I like the MG diesel trike, but most of the other stuff from MG is junk. Doesn't anyone else watch Dirty jobs!??? I watched about 45 minutes of B/J then switched to dirty Jobs, a new episode, then Bob Ross was on the "Create" channel, ( my wife works for the cable co., so we get ALL the channels for free :D ) Then it was time for bed...I'm not retired...yet! ( 163 days)

I spend WAY too much time watching the history channel or "How it's Made"..."How To" shows.... I dunno..I just like learning new stuff....B-J ain't even worth watchin' during commercials.... :roll:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "phat46"I watched the B/J auction for a while, I like the MG diesel trike, but most of the other stuff from MG is junk. Doesn't anyone else watch Dirty jobs!??? I watched about 45 minutes of B/J then switched to dirty Jobs, a new episode, then Bob Ross was on the "Create" channel, ( my wife works for the cable co., so we get ALL the channels for free :D ) Then it was time for bed...I'm not retired...yet! ( 163 days)

I spend WAY too much time watching the history channel or "How it's Made"..."How To" shows.... I dunno..I just like learning new stuff....B-J ain't even worth watchin' during commercials.... :roll:

Me too!!!

I like "dirty Jobs" "How its made" "build it bigger" "really big things" and I have caught the first two episodes of the latest one  "Some assembly required".
once a Nerd.........always a Nerd :!:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Wll last night was so so.. i watched it till about 9pm on and odd while working on my friends computer.. Prices seemed pretty high.
dave :wink:  :arrow:

msuguydon

Again another 45 minutes of Monster Garage crap.  I did like the 56 Bel-Air that over the auction block early.... but at $100,000, thats tough to swallow.... it was pretty much my dream car, chopped, Red.. Old style fuel injection... very, very yummy!
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"Again another 45 minutes of Monster Garage crap.  I did like the 56 Bel-Air that over the auction block early.... but at $100,000, thats tough to swallow.... it was pretty much my dream car, chopped, Red.. Old style fuel injection... very, very yummy!

I laughed when the guy running his mouth stumbled thru the first part of that till the other guy told him it was a glass car   :lol:  :lol:  It was a nice car but id rather have it without the chop.. My first car was a 56 :D
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

ChevyGirlRox

I have watched all of Barrett Jackson both nights and will continue to watch all of it until it is over.  Yes, the prices may see out of line for us little guys but they really do identify the market trends for the year.  

There have been some great cars and lots of not so great cars as well.  Obviously I am not too much of a ford person, but I loved that K-code black mustang convertible the first night, it was a deal!  I have not loved the massive amount of clones, rust buckets and sub-par cars in general.  I am also quite tired of the Monster Garage cars.  I like Jesse James, I liked the show and I don't care if they are selling them.  But WHY oh WHY must they sell them in blocks the way they have the past two nights?  It really makes even me want to change the channel!  

Last night a new Quaker Steak and Lube opened here in town.  So myself and a bunch of car buddies planted ourselves at the bar and watched it there.  It was great not having any sound, it saved me from the ridiculous commentary.  I think I will try it again that way tonight!

As for the guy who bought the rat rod that sold the porsche,  I have been there.  I have stood on that block with recent sale money in hand.  Auction fever is very infectious, sometimes you just HAVE to buy!  All in all that little pick up looked to have a nice chassis.  So junk the body and throw something else on it.  Or heck, leave it the way it is and enjoy it for what it is!  Hope he can buy a title though....
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.