B/J 2008

Started by Dave, January 16, 2008, 07:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Anyone catch the auction last night? Im sure glad i caught the part where they auctioned off the little rusty pick up.. Im a stuff knower now cause the announcers told everyone that any hot rod with primer is a RAT ROD..
U shoulda heard Sue's comments  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Ya she knows..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

slocrow

I've kind of given up on it. To much posed drama, fast gavel complaints, unrealistic prices and a general old rich boys, have a cocktail, club atmosphere. I do stop to see what's going across the stage while the program I'm watching is in commercial.
If, perchance I'm at a local watering hole with a car guy friend or two then we will watch and comment. Kind of like a nostalgic event for the inevitable line, "I never should have sold my old (now popular car)".
Though, BJ has pushed prices with this type of extravaganza , in my opinion...............and Dave, only us retired guys have enough stash to watch during the day, maybe. :lol: ......Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"and Dave, only us retired guys have enough stash to watch during the day, maybe. :lol: ......Frank

:lol:  :lol: Ok you watch for me then  :) .. The only reason i watch it is because i dont like the other tv junk.. dancing with who? 4 hours of local news? 4 hours of entertainment tonite? I really could care less what britney is doing or who she is doing?? Id rather watch the food channel then wife swap crap too..Oh ya frank i have tv in the garage too so i can mostly listen while i enjoy the heat and work on the roadster..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

rumrumm

I know what you mean. I get 155 channels and wind up watching re-runs of CSI.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

GPster

I hurt my back on Monday but I probably would have tried to get away from the television yesterday but Linda's work was called-off (Snow Day) so she was home to "doctor" me. She made me read the fine print on the medicine she gave me DO NOT DRIVE OR OPERATE MACHINERY so the most I was allowed to do was use the "clicker" to change channels. I hoped for something to watch but BJ (don't use your imagination) had that channel tied up from noon til midnight. So I watched another kind of history and found out how the Romans invaded Egypt using 400 foot long wood hull catamarans with brass batering rams on the front. I can be better entertained with less drama.I'd be interested if any '40 Willys cross the stage but there is now a show on television where a guy is buying "JUNK" and turning it into a "clone" of a race car for auction so probably any Willys is going to be STONE WOODS COOK rather than a restorations. GPster

Carnut

OK, guess I'm the odd man out on this one, I think the B-J show is great.

I mark my calendar for this event and consider it one of the more important media events of the year. Heck the auction is my automotive super bowl.

My only disappointment this year so far, was the Monster Garage cars going thru the line. I've never watched that show and after seeing the results on the stage I'm glad I haven't.

I was really chagrined to see the rust bucket roadster pickup go for as high a price as it did, I didn't think it should have gotten more than scrap metal price for the pile of junk.

I could see that the media folks were working hard to say anything positive about the junk and they seemed to have kept their tongues firmly in cheek in describing them.

I'm definitely gonna be spending the rest of the broadcast firmly ensconced in my recliner enjoying watching all the rich guys selling and bidding on the cars and all the beautiful babes the rich guys seem to have accompanying them.

I think B-J is better than going to most any indoor car show.

Bugpac

Quote from: "Carnut"OK, guess I'm the odd man out on this one, I think the B-J show is great.

I mark my calendar for this event and consider it one of the more important media events of the year. Heck the auction is my automotive super bowl.

My only disappointment this year so far, was the Monster Garage cars going thru the line. I've never watched that show and after seeing the results on the stage I'm glad I haven't.

I was really chagrined to see the rust bucket roadster pickup go for as high a price as it did, I didn't think it should have gotten more than scrap metal price for the pile of junk.

I could see that the media folks were working hard to say anything positive about the junk and they seemed to have kept their tongues firmly in cheek in describing them.

I'm definitely gonna be spending the rest of the broadcast firmly ensconced in my recliner enjoying watching all the rich guys selling and bidding on the cars and all the beautiful babes the rich guys seem to have accompanying them.

I think B-J is better than going to most any indoor car show.

I agree....
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Jbird

When Speed had the highlights of last years BJ on a couple weeks ago I watched it for quite awhile before realizing it was a rerun. I didn't see the rusty RPU last night, but that little Nash with the 4.3 V6 was pretty cute. I'm a little suprized it went so cheap. I click over to BJ during CSIs commercials, unless there are some hot babes ice skating or playing tennis or playing beach volleyball or some other similarly attired activity. In general out of the 100 channels I get, 95 of them suck most of the time. Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Dave

They guy that bought the pickup is a hamber.. he sold a porshe at B/J then bought the pickup for 15 k and thinks he got a deal and wondered why his wife was mad... :lol:  Ryan closed the thread and my thread too ... seems someone did a number in his wheaties this morning?   :lol:  :lol: .. Id never have given 15k for that truck and i dont care who built it.. Someday the buyer is gonna figure out what he coulda had for all that cash.. Yup B/J is over rated and the cars that sell are too a lot of times.. But like i said regular tv and ive got a dish too sucks and its colder that a well diggers boots here so its the best entertainment ive got ...
Cant wait for tonite and do it all over again... My inside door handles should be delivered today so im gonna work fast so i dont miss anything tonite ( i will crash before its over though)..
Dave :wink:

Carnut

Quote from: "Jbird"When Speed had the highlights of last years BJ on a couple weeks ago I watched it for quite awhile before realizing it was a rerun. I didn't see the rusty RPU last night, but that little Nash with the 4.3 V6 was pretty cute. I'm a little suprized it went so cheap. I click over to BJ during CSIs commercials, unless there are some hot babes ice skating or playing tennis or playing beach volleyball or some other similarly attired activity. In general out of the 100 channels I get, 95 of them suck most of the time. Jbird 8)

Yeah, that green Nash was a steal, though I think the V6 mighta held it back a bit, and being an orphan type car didn't help it much.

But from the on screen camera shots that ride looked like it shoulda come in at least twice the price it sold for.

Heh,heh, how much do I like B-J? I went and bought a new TV with the B-J prominently in mind.

http://goldmonkey.org/index.php?topic=122.0

Dave

I got a new wide screen hi def last year but speed isnt hi def... Dont matter cause i dont have hi def plumbed in yet.. Im about to drop my satelite service and go all cable with hi def i just havent got the order in yet.
dave

Carnut

Quote from: "jusjunk"I got a new wide screen hi def last year but speed isnt hi def... Dont matter cause i dont have hi def plumbed in yet.. Im about to drop my satelite service and go all cable with hi def i just havent got the order in yet.
dave

I'm getting all my HD channels thru antenna, there's not enough HD channels on my cable to get me to spring for the additional $16/mo to see them.

tomslik

Quote from: "rumrumm"I know what you mean. I get 155 channels and wind up watching re-runs of CSI.

yeah, mee too.
marg STILL ain't hard to look at....

and there's only one kind of B-J i'd be interested in;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

msuguydon

My son and I thought the NASH was the best car of the night last night... that baby was some kinda cool.. I loved the white paint flames off the head lights... very cool and a six cylinder ... very unique... kinda like a 58 Chevy :P
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

phat46

I watched the B/J auction for a while, I like the MG diesel trike, but most of the other stuff from MG is junk. Doesn't anyone else watch Dirty jobs!??? I watched about 45 minutes of B/J then switched to dirty Jobs, a new episode, then Bob Ross was on the "Create" channel, ( my wife works for the cable co., so we get ALL the channels for free :D ) Then it was time for bed...I'm not retired...yet! ( 163 days)