Grand Rapids Autorama..

Started by Dave, January 12, 2008, 04:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Met Bugpac (Leonard)and his wife and the 2 cute daughters at 9:30 this morning and off we went to the big show.. Well it aint really that big but its sumpin to do on a saturday in january but it was pretty nice to be out side today.. We got there early and stood in line for a bit till they opened and let us in.. Not a bad show not near Detroit but not bad.. We finially met up with the local celebrity Charliechops and shot the breeze with him and kenny for a while... I think thwe 2 youngsters were gettin a little restless so leonard went for  a wail to look at the cars while i as usuall ran my mouth with charlie and ken.. Sue and i left a while after to look some more and i found the beer stand too :lol: We were looking for leonard and the family when I spotted george (purplepickup) over by charlies car so i stopped to say hello to him and kurt who doesnt play on the internet with us came by so i chatted with him also.. Soon after that like about 1 pm sue and i left and saw that leonard had left before us.. We drove to lansing and stopped for a bite to eat and just after i sat down in the restaruant i get a call from phat rat wondering what im doing :?: He was just getting to the shoe and i was over half way home.. Jack you really need to get up earlier..  8)  The show was good charlies track t looked good but he kinda whined when he found out i left my camera home (i think he was looking for some internet exposure).. I wish id had brought it but i just plain forgot..

Dave :lol:

phat rat

I was up at 7:30 just had other things I wanted to do in the a.m. I only saw Charley, Fuzzy, Denny Lesky and Dave Shutten.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"I was up at 7:30 just had other things I wanted to do in the a.m. I only saw Charley, Fuzzy, Denny Lesky and Dave Shutten.

Saw denny but he really doesnt know me.. I missed fuzzy  :cry:  :cry:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

Sorry I missed ya jack, Maybe next time...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

phat rat

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "phat rat"I was up at 7:30 just had other things I wanted to do in the a.m. I only saw Charley, Fuzzy, Denny Lesky and Dave Shutten.

Saw denny but he really doesnt know me.. I missed fuzzy  :cry:  :cry:

Fuzzy didn't look fuzzy he lost the beard. He was with the "traditional group".

Bugpac

Im thinking about growing a 6" long gotie "sp" and building a "--- rod" :lol:

slocrow

What......no angel hair?
Which one is Chevy Chase?
I know. I'm bad....................
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Bugpac

You didnt actually drive all the way from clevland to take that picture, did you? lol

slocrow

Quote from: "Bugpac"You didnt actually drive all the way from clevland to take that picture, did you? lol

Naa, I've got connections..................but I miss um!
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat rat

Fuzzy

Dave,I was really surprised when Charlie told me you had left already.Must have just missed you,I got there about 12:45 and headed right to the Relix group.I'm officially a Relic now,yeah I know I've been a relic for awhile. :lol:  :lol: .I'll catch with up with ya at the K-Zoo swap.I talked to Jack,Charlie,and Ken,but I didn't see George.I got to the striper auction a little late,but did manage to win a bid on a panel anyway.
See ya later.
No billet for this kid!

Charlie Chops 1940

Sure a whirlwind couple of days. Sure having a good time visiting with all the car guys. Won best in class Altered T-roadster Pickup, but as most everyone knows virtually every participant gets an award. I mean when was the last time you heard of the Restored Police Car class - no kidding. That was all kinda fun and being a local show I was in good company with a lot of friends who show regularly. Thanks Frank for posting Curt's picture.

A couple of ISCA guys also pretty much wouldn't let me say no to bringing it to COBO Hall, and hunted down an entry form and pressed it in my eager hands. Just call me Dave Jr. - the car show junkie. Since I'm going down for the weekend anyway I guess I will send in the application. Might be fun, and my schedule is never too full to deny myself a little fun. Let's see, where was that ad for orange carpet, bigger mirrors and a case of angel hair.

I did have a couple of really cute chicks hang out at the car later today.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

It was a good day with good friends and cool cars....especially the Whisky Ridge Special 8) .
George

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"

A couple of ISCA guys also pretty much wouldn't let me say no to bringing it to COBO Hall, and hunted down an entry form and pressed it in my eager hands. Just call me Dave Jr. - the car show junkie. Since I'm going down for the weekend anyway I guess I will send in the application. Might be fun, and my schedule is never too full to deny myself a little fun. Let's see, where was that ad for orange carpet, bigger mirrors and a case of angel hair.

I did have a couple of really cute chicks hang out at the car later today.

Charlie

Charlie even when you grow up your not gonna be as cool as me  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8) . Congrats on the award and the invite to cobo or should i say your failure to fend off the strong arm tactics of the ISCA :!:  Im betting you win class at Cobo too..
Ive done it 2 times and im done .It sure was expensive and fun but that comes hand in hand.   Again your car looked great..

Charlie Chops 1940

The show was over at 7PM, had the trailer in by about 8:30 and on the road at 8:45. It was wet but only spitting a little snow. No problems.

They did the remaining awards at 6PM.

I got the American Rodder 2008 All American Hot Rod Award. That was pretty nice.

So...back to reality this morning. Spotted the trailer in the back yard while it was snowing. Crappy.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!