72 Oldsmobile Cutlass brakes

Started by Fat Cat, May 27, 2004, 07:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

Does anyone have rotor turning specs for a 72 Olds Cutlass with disc brakes. My books only go back to 1978.

Jokester

Minimum rotor thickness is stamped on the rotor somewhere, usually on the inside in a non-machined area.  Hit it with a wire brush if you can't see it easily.  Sometimes it's in inches and sometimes in milimeters.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Jokester"Minimum rotor thickness is stamped on the rotor somewhere, usually on the inside in a non-machined area.  Hit it with a wire brush if you can't see it easily.  Sometimes it's in inches and sometimes in milimeters.

.bjb

Tried that its not readable. It was actually more visable before I hit it with the wire brush.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Tried that its not readable. It was actually more visable before I hit it with the wire brush.

If you can find a place with them in stock, check one out to see what it says.   The same rotor was used on a lot of late 60's-early 70's Pontiacs, Buicks and Chevys.....as I'm sure you already know.  

I've got some '72 Ventura rotors at home and can check to see if I can read the spec when I get home if you want me to.
George

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"Tried that its not readable. It was actually more visable before I hit it with the wire brush.

If you can find a place with them in stock, check one out to see what it says.   The same rotor was used on a lot of late 60's-early 70's Pontiacs, Buicks and Chevys.....as I'm sure you already know.  

I've got some '72 Ventura rotors at home and can check to see if I can read the spec when I get home if you want me to.

They are not a easy item to get a hold of noone stocks them because of age and they are $90 each new. That is why I am trying to determine if these are usable.

purplepickup

JC Whitney has them for $50 each.  

And Advance Auto (Parts America) has Raybestos for $45 ea.
George

tomslik

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Does anyone have rotor turning specs for a 72 Olds Cutlass with disc brakes. My books only go back to 1978.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list