It runs....sorta

Started by zzebby, January 03, 2008, 02:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzebby

Enjenjo suggested a fresh set of eyes and I needed to find another computer,  so Craigslist .....and hit on a guy local who didn't have one but one thing let to another,  he came over'  listened,  suggested sticking in the speed density computor and eureka  it fired right up.  Ran rough,  but it ran.  
Grinning like a 10 yr old on Christmas eve.
Thanks guys......now I just need to find the correct A9P  or A9L  computer.  Ebay again........mmmmm?

kb426

Before you buy another computer, put your old one back in and see if it will run. Something had to have caused the computer to die if that's what happened. Try to find out before you put a new computer in. In case you are going to the parts store, I have a friend at Carquest that had the best price but it was for a newer year than the 89 a9l. If you go to fordfuelinjection.com and look at his list of acceptable computers, you can buy the cheapest. The programing is the same, just the code is different from year to year. Manual and auto not withstanding. Congratulations of engine noise.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Glad to hear you made some progress. Now that it is running, read for codes to check sensors and so forth.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.