Santa was here early :)

Started by Dave, December 24, 2007, 12:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Actually it was the ups man.. I guess he figured out I was working on my headlights and could prolly use the wire looms I ordered..  :D  :D
Anyway they look nice and its a cool design the way they work :idea: The question was brought up when i did the other post on these about not having enuff wires to have a dedicated ground wire. :?:  Well after playing with these a bit I decided that I cant get another wire in the tube BUT :!: I can pull one of the wires and then I can get 2 smaller wires in and that will be fine for the parking light and turn signal cause they really dont draw that much anyway. That leaves me with a wire for a dedicated ground. Im sure the lights would ground fine through the bucket and the headlight mounts to the frame but why not be safe than sorry  :lol: .. Been sanding and priming more on the lights this morning. I hit em with my die grinder with a few 80 grit disks to remove the existing nickel plating that was left and to try and remove most of the copper that was under that. I primed them with 3 good coats of SEM etch prime on a spray bomb and then after the proper cure time I layed on SEM hi fill in a spray bomb also .. The SEM stuff aint cheap it was 25.68 for both cans but I can get away spraying that near my window and fan and not get over spray on my car or the harley. Soon as this mornings coats dry enuff ive got to add just a touch of filler on one of the buckets and maybe a spot on the other then im good to go one final coat of hi fill  and I can start playing with assembly..
Back to the garage..
Dave

ps: Ugly since its like 40 below outside and i havent even put antifreeze in the engine after i drained the Wa Wa I couldnt get it out to get a pic of it going down the road for you.. I did make some rumrum noises while sitting in it though..  :lol:  :arrow: