Old city bus by * Mfg

Started by junkyardjeff, December 08, 2007, 05:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I took the back way home from visiting a friend and I seen this old 40s city bus that had been converted to a camper for sale so I had to look,it was manufactured by * in Kent Ohio.  I have never heard of that company before and looking it over it looked to be a rear engine bus but there was nothing in the back except for the gas tank and it had a wierd mid engine setup,it has a 6 cylinder gas motor that layed on its side and was made by the manufacture of the bus.  If I had the room I would love to get it but in the process of converting it to amotor home they got rid of the bus dooes and installed house doors along with removing many of the original windows,it would be next to impossible to get all the original doors and windows and removing all the motor home stuff would be a major pain so I am not going to think about dragging this project home plus I dont have the room.  Jeff

junkyardjeff

Why did it block out the name of the company,it was a strange name with the first three letters being of the slang term for a man that lives a alternative life style but its a real name of the company and how am I going to let people know the name of the bus.  Jeff

junkyardjeff

To get around the politically correct censors built into the forum I will try another way to say the company name,its spelled eff aay gee with eol or oel after the first thee letters.  I thought it was french name but it was built in Ohio.   Jeff

t-vicky

Must be the same Co. that makes bearings on the south edge of Joplin Mo.

unklian

If you are sure the name won't get you in trouble here,
try putting a period,or asterix,after each letter in the name.

junkyardjeff

When I get more time I will try to find some more info on the company but I would love to have a big stupid project like that,if I could ever find a old running bus for cheap I will buy it as it would be neat to drive around.  Jeff

Leon

enjenjo

F * a * g*o*e*l  the engine was actually a Buda modified by the bus company. The owners name was Louis F*a*g*o*e*l, and yes it's a french name. I know an engineer that worked for them near the end.

There was another company with the same name that built trucks on the west coast. they eventually became Peterbuilt.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Those old city buses were cool.  We used to have a local bus line run between the cities here, when there were more factories, etc.  They were rear engined, but shorter than the ones in the pix, plus these looked a little different.

BTW, * shows up on my puter?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

junkyardjeff

That is the bus in the pics in the link,if anyone wants a big project its sitting at Paul and sons trucking in New Miami Ohio on Rt 27 just north of Hamilton and its for sale.  It looks to have a automatic trans of some kind as on the shifter it has reverse,neutral and forward and from what I could see it did not really look like a automatic trans but since it has a strange motor who knows.  Jeff

junkyardjeff

I never should have looked at that bus as I want one,I probably need to be on the short bus for wanting one but it would be cool to ride around in a 40s city bus.  I looked on ebay and the only thing close was a 48 Brill and it was a mid engine with a motor that lays on its side like the *,insurance would probably be too much just to have one to cruise around in.  Jeff

river1

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I never should have looked at that bus as I want one,I probably need to be on the short bus for wanting one but it would be cool to ride around in a 40s city bus.  I looked on ebay and the only thing close was a 48 Brill and it was a mid engine with a motor that lays on its side like the *,insurance would probably be too much just to have one to cruise around in.  Jeff

here's a cool bus from scottsdale goodguys
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

GPster

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I never should have looked at that bus as I want one,I probably need to be on the short bus for wanting one but it would be cool to ride around in a 40s city bus.  I looked on ebay and the only thing close was a 48 Brill and it was a mid engine with a motor that lays on its side like the *,insurance would probably be too much just to have one to cruise around in.  Jeff
Maybe if you licensed it as a Motor Home it would be in a cheaper catagory. I don't know if a comercial bus would be licensed/charged by weight like comercial trucks. The more I think about what I'd like to have the less get's done to what I already own. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Anybody know who own's the bus/motorhome that comes to the Zoo every year??  I think last year ,('06), he parked behind you guys...Looked like an older "Over the Road" type bus.....Not a City coach....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

That is my buddy Tom Wilkinson. I am doing the Nomad for him. That is a 48/62 Flxible intercity bus, repowered with a Detroit 6V53, and an Allison trans. The body lines are the same, but an intercity bus is larger all round than a transit bus.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.