'37 Ford Widow Winders (Again)

Started by crdnblu, December 02, 2007, 12:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crdnblu

OK, I'm only going to post this once again, now, no more; I PROMISE!  Maybe someone remembers the procedure, or can tell me where to go for a possible answer. (Be kind, now........)

HELP! I may need to go to the Ford V8 site on this, but here's the question: I'm street rodding a '37 Ford 2Dr Humpback Sedan w/ power front door windows, but using the stock rear window winders for the rear seat area. What's the "secret handshake" necessary to get the rear window mechanisms into the car? As many of you know, the handle attachment stub sticks too far out to pass beyond the inside body ledge, when trying to install the winder unit from inside the car from bottom to top. Does it go in from the window glass area down into the body cavity? I'm stumped!!!
I will greatly appreciate any & all advice. .........Thanks Again

Charlie Chops 1940

Sorry, buy I HAVE to ask....how did they come out - LOL

Maybe slide in from the top "stub" first?

Push come to shove...cut part of the interior panel away, put the mechanism in there and then weld the inside back in.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

crdnblu

Good question:  They were out when I bought the car.

Bugpac

Got pictures? Maybe they are not the correct ones? I dunnoooo...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

crdnblu

Sorry, no pics.  All I can say is that all six of the main mounting holes line up perfectly.  There's even another hole that lines up as well.

rooster

Are you installing the regulator and the glass channel , at the same time?

crdnblu

Yes I am.  Is that where I'm making life difficult for myself?  Does the channel go in after the regulator?  As I said, I'm new to this process.

rooster

Quote from: "crdnblu"Yes I am.  Is that where I'm making life difficult for myself?  Does the channel go in after the regulator?  As I said, I'm new to this process.

I have never done the rear window, you tell us, could the reg be placed in the well and then the channel attcheted?  Just shooting from the hip here.

oddjob

Hi there is a screw that holds the window channel on the the rollerstake it of the regulator goes in from the bottom I left the regulator sitting there and then put the window inheld in inplace with duct tape and wood window shims hade to open the regulator to get in the window channel and put the screw back in this took some time and I expanded my vocabulary Russ
Dodge Ram Tuff With Ford And Chevy Stuff