Anyone going to the Turkey Run?

Started by ChevyGirlRox, November 12, 2007, 01:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChevyGirlRox

Anyone going to the Turkey Run in Daytona over Thanxgiving?  If you are, post a pic so I can spot ya!
I'll be there sans hot rod on business in a Dodge dually...how unexciting.  At least I get to go though!
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Deuce

With gas going for 3 dollars a gallon and more ... with the room rates being jacked up ( where I stayed for over 20 years ) to almost 2 hundred a night ... and the Bel Air Plaza cruise being locked out by security goons ...

I think I will be eating Turkey @ the house.

I know things change ... but it has grown into a big circle J@#K ... and with all the late model rides ... and the Ricers ... it is just not the fun it used to be ...  :cry:

The swap meet is the BEST part of the Turkey Run ... IMHO ... but I have most everything I need for my 3W project ... so I think I will take the grand or so it would cost to go to Daytona and just fly out to LA California and see the GNRS ... in January.

RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Dave

Quote from: "Deuce"With gas going for 3 dollars a gallon and more ... with the room rates being jacked up ( where I stayed for over 20 years ) to almost 2 hundred a night ... and the Bel Air Plaza cruise being locked out by security goons ...

I think I will be eating Turkey @ the house.

I know things change ... but it has grown into a big circle J@#K ... and with all the late model rides ... and the Ricers ... it is just not the fun it used to be ...  :cry:

The swap meet is the BEST part of the Turkey Run ... IMHO ... but I have most everything I need for my 3W project ... so I think I will take the grand or so it would cost to go to Daytona and just fly out to LA California and see the GNRS ... in January.

Now there is a plan.. maybe ill meet you there..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :arrow:

ChevyGirlRox

I plan to go the GNRS as well.  Me and my bestest car buddy in the whole wide world who also happens to be a girl.  Take your guesses as to who!
:lol:

Only 3 more days until I head to the sunshine.  I was down this week on business and it sure beat the heck out of snowy (yes, snowy!) OHIO!

Come on, somebody else has to be going to the Turkey Run?!?!?
I can fly!

donsrods

We have gone for over 20 years, and will be there again this year.  I also see some not so good changes happening there that may make it go the same way Paso Robles has gone.  Daytona residents are trying to change from a party town to a more respectable vacation destination.  Spring Break and Bike week are being targeted, and I see them clamping down on Turkey Run too.

They have a relatively new Sherrif who is a no nonsense guy, and we saw more police activity last year than ever before.  However, the swap meet is the best, and I also like the nightime cruising scene.

If you want to say hi, here are the two T's my Son and I are taking. (now that I can post pictures again.  :D  :D )  I'd love to meet any of you who are there.

Don

ChevyGirlRox

Both of your t's are very nice.  I am (or should I say used to be :wink: ) a t bucket girl.  I will watch for them there.
I am leaving tomorrow noon time.  I can't wait to get out of cold, windy, gray Ohio!
I can fly!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Ya, and we're going to keep you OUT of t-buckets from this point on.  Roadsters with seatbelts ONLY for my best-est car pal in the whole wide world. :wink:

You guys all have fun down south, stay outta trouble, take lots-o-photos and post when you get back.

xoxoxo
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

donsrods

We just heard that the weather is supposed to deteriorate over the weekend. Front coming supposedly.  Sure hope they are wrong.  I'm running slicks and slicks and rain don't mix.

Don

donsrods

We just heard that the weather is supposed to deteriorate over the weekend. Front coming supposedly.  Sure hope they are wrong.  I'm running slicks and slicks and rain don't mix.

Don

Dave

zzford

Yup, I'll be there along with my son and his wife. I have a black 33 Ford highboy coupe with red wire wheels. My son has a black VW bug that's black with flames and a chopped top. His wife's VW is a black and salmon colored bug with no roof and a surf board stuck in the back. Stop by and say hi, if you see us. Fred

donsrods

Quote from: "jusjunk"Don check your pm,s
Dave

PM's????????  I didn't even know we had PM's on here!!  Wow, am I dumb.  :oops:   I just went in and found a few that I answered, including yours Dave.

I am SO good with computers. :roll:  :roll:

Don

Dave

Quote from: "donsrods"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Don check your pm,s
Dave

PM's????????  I didn't even know we had PM's on here!!  Wow, am I dumb.  :oops:   I just went in and found a few that I answered, including yours Dave.

I am SO good with computers. :roll:  :roll:

Don

Ok Don but i havent seen your reply.. Ill keep watching for it..
Dave

donsrods

Dave, I resent it and made some corrections.  I was wrong on the date, so I changed it to reflect that.

Don

donsrods

Got to meet Megan and her hubby at Daytona........super nice people.  I didn't realize she was the one I had heard stories about with the T bucket wreck.  :shock:   Wow, she is so lucky to be alive.

Hope everyone who went had a blast.  I got my T there, but my Son's car ate a valve on the way and he had to rent a trailer and tow it home.  We are going to tear it down tomorrow to see what is up.

Don