Re-decking my car trailer

Started by purplepickup, May 21, 2004, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

This isn't much of a topic for a post but things are a little slow so I thought I'd post a couple of pics of my current project.  I can't keep my car trailer under a roof so after about 10 or so years in the weather the wooden deck started to grow fungus.  I ripped it all off last night and will be replacing it with treated 2 x 10's.  The boards I took off weren't treated and they were a lot more rotten than I thought.  The wiring really sucked too.  All the connections were just loosly twisted with some cheap hardened electrical tape on them.  No wonder the lights and the electric brakes only worked whenever they felt like it.

Now if it would just quit raining for a few days I could get the frame blasted and spray a couple coats of Rust Bullet on it.  

The fungus

Bustin' up the wood

Ready to blast
George

Bob K

Hey George, Ya didn't have to go way up north for shrooms and ya got em growing on your trailer.

B :lol: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

enjenjo

Treated lumber is the way to go. mine has set out for 15 years, and the wood is still in good shape. It could use a blast and paint too though....And a rewire....and a bearing repack......and new ramps

There is an outfit down here that will blast and paint it the color of my choice for $500, not a bad deal.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bob Paulin

Quote from: "enjenjo"
There is an outfit down here that will blast and paint it the color of my choice for $500, not a bad deal.

And, another $500 for the wheels??????

LOL!

Sorry....I couldn't resist.......

I'm a b-a-a-a-a-d boy!

Bob Paulin
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

enjenjo

Real Comic there Bob. Ha. Ha. My buddy got him back though, if I see you, I'll tell you how :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Look how cute Murph looks sitting in the background.  Boy I'd love to give him a big 'ol hug right now and stick my nose in his always soft fur.  I've missed that pooch.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Look how cute Murph looks sitting in the background.  Boy I'd love to stick my nose in his soft fur.

He says "Likewise" 8)
George

Jimc

While you are at the frame and understructer painting stage, why not go back with diamond plate and ferget the woooooood.
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

purplepickup

I thought about decking it with aluminum or something else but I like wood.  It's easy to screw a chock or anything to plus I've already bought the 20' treated 2x10's.  The untreated ones lasted 10 years.  These should last over 20 years and I don't think I'll still be hauling junkers around when I'm 80 years old....well maybe not... :lol:
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

I noticed you reworded Murph's reply  :wink:   No need to fret about me, I thought his "reply" to me was kinda humerous.

SKR8PN

ROTFLMAO....... Your bad George :oops:
Well,not really. Actually it was pretty darn good :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Roadstar

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Look how cute Murph looks sitting in the background.  Boy I'd love to stick my nose in his soft fur.

He says "Likewise" 8)

OMG... That was funny :lol:

Isn't it amazing.....This post started out talking about some old boards for a trailer deck :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Those panties were CLEAN!  :shock:

moparrodder

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Those panties were CLEAN!  :shock:
Denise, I seem to recall.....uh, uh,...one time :roll: ....uh,uh, :oops: ............ok, I wont go there :lol:      Bill  :lol: